DVD results

Options
Just wanted to see what DVD's give good results. I have Jillian Michaels 30DS and No More Trouble Zones and there are tons of forums about her stuff. I have all of Jackie Warner DVD's and have begun working with her 30 day one, but there is really no one that has talked about her results. I have others videos of Tae Bo and kettle bell workouts and a few other miscellaneous dvd's. I like to mix things up to keep from getting bored and was walking lately for the majority of my working out. It's time to change it again and wanted to see what everyone likes and get good results from. I like DVD's and do them with my neighbor or myself, but it just works better for my schedule with the kids, work, kids sports, school work and cooking.

Replies

• kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred gives fantastic results. I did it, dropped 15lbs and 17 inches. I have just started Insanity so will comment once/if I survive :D
  • schparks
    schparks Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am loving Leslie Sansone's walking videos. She does kicks, kneelifts, and other moves that make it more intense than just walking. I have only been doing it for about a week, so I can't really comment on results. All I know is that I actually enjoy doing her video!
  • kristijean
    kristijean Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Love working out from home. It has made all things possible for a mama and nana. I have lost 30 lbs so far and 9% of my body fat if I calculated right, but quite honestly it might be more =)

I have used Turbo Jam, P90X, Turbo Fire, Les Mills Pump, currently am doing Les Mills Combat.

I have a great group of people in a private group on FB where we share and encourage each other daily. If anyone is interested feel free to send me a friend request www.facebook.com/kristijean3 (Kristi Shane Holmes) and I can add you to the group.
  • munozrd
    munozrd Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what you like to do. My step mother loves Leslie Sansone's DVDs. I love Jillian Michaels but also love Taebo. More intense for me. I also really love ZUMBA.
  • raerae514
    raerae514 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is where it's at. The workouts are only 20 minutes and the program is only for 30 days so for a lazy person like me, it's a program that seems easy to finish. And it DOES get great results! I lost about 2 lbs a week while doing it but it definitely made me smaller and tighter. I lost my back rolls and my pants fit better after the first week. SERIOUSLY THAT HAPPENED! Jillian Michaels is my saviour. I have her 90 day Body Revolution workout but i am too intimidated to start it yet.
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I got a great deal on a set of Bob Harper dvds at Target and they are awesome--great variety of exercises for strength and cardio, plus he has some 30 minutes ones and some 60 minute ones. I really like all of them.
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I just got done the 90-day body revolution. It was great but hurt my knees during the last week. I wish that i had eaten better during the journey because I really didn't lose much weight.
  • v_snowdrop
    Options
    Sometimes I feel like the only person on the planet who has never tried Jillian Michaels. Does she yell? I hate it when they yell it's so irritating and it's the reason I never really got into Tae Bo or whatever.

I have Jackie Warner Xtreme Timesaver Training. It is really tough for me! I also have some Ballet Body DVDs. They aren't about dancing - they are bodyweight exercises that dancers (supposedly?) do. and OMG IS IT HARD

edit: I also bought a video called Butt Bible (lol!) based on a girl's review here - she made a thread talking about it. however, I find the video to be just OK, nothing great.
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I got a great deal on a set of Bob Harper dvds at Target and they are awesome--great variety of exercises for strength and cardio, plus he has some 30 minutes ones and some 60 minute ones. I really like all of them.

How hard are the Bob Harper ones? They look REALLY hard!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I am loving Leslie Sansone's walking videos. She does kicks, kneelifts, and other moves that make it more intense than just walking. I have only been doing it for about a week, so I can't really comment on results. All I know is that I actually enjoy doing her video!

Yes! I've been using Leslie Sansone DVDs for over a year and love them!!
  • girl_brett
    girl_brett Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your responses! Jillian Michaels are great dvd's, but I can only take so much of her. I do like more cardio, but not videos where you have to put routines together. Some I like, but then when you are doing a set and then add on, it gets me all out of whack! I've done workouts on my Kinect in the past and loved Zumba on there. I looked at the Turbo Jam, and that looks appealing too. With me it's just so hard to stick to one and not think ahead about what I'll do next. I got off the dvd's for a while to stcik to walking, which really worked, but with working out it needs to switch up. Thanks again for your input. I had no odea the walking dvd's were more than just walking. I think I will look at those too!
  • girl_brett
    Options
    I just looked at some Leslie Sansone videos and she does alot more then I expected. I think I will have to give those a try too! I think her videos would be great for my dad too!
  • Mel1509
    Mel1509 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    All my results have come from dvd workouts, I have insanity, rushfit, rockin body, P90X and a few of Jillian Michael's workouts; kickboxing, killer abs and buns and thighs. I had 30DS but didn't like it and gave it to a friend.. I can't deal with JM she's rather annoying I find, but her workouts are quick :)
  • girl_brett
    Options
    I feel the exact same way about Jillian Michaels. It's really good to hear that the workouts do work!