Hello all, just introducing myself.

Options
Hello, just an intro. Thought it may be kind of fun and helpful to join. Just turned 50 and after falling off the wagon a year ago due to stress and an injury, I'm back on. No more excuses! How about you?

Replies

• peanutkel7
    Options
    Hello! And welcome! I am new too. Well I should say...an old new. I used this site back in April for a few weeks and then fell off when work got hectic for a few months. Now I am back on, and determined as ever! Good luck to you!!!!
  • cyclist_44060
    cyclist_44060 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Lynn

Welcome. I turned 50 a year or so ago and had a change in job which caused me to fall off the wagon as well. So I am back as well. Good Luck

Feel free to add me as a friend if you would Like. :)
  • jillbreu
    Options
    Hello and welcome too! I am an old new as well :) Back on this time since December 27th (didnt wait for New Year to know that the 10 pounds I gained over December was only going to get bigger!)

Good luck! Add me as a friend if you want more support.
  • naner61
    naner61 Posts: 85
    Options
    Awesome! Hello to both of you and good luck!
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hi.. and welcome! It is always good to have someone new trying to get healthy! I am now struggling with staying motivated. I am 39 and having a total hip replacement next week. I am trying to stay motivated as well. Add me.. we both could use some encouragement! Let us help each other along our way!
  • JenRei87
    JenRei87 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome ^_^ I'm 25, lost over 50 pounds in total counting the weight I lost before I got on here, and my goal is to be healthy for my family and also to look great at my wedding ;) Feel free to ad me :)
  • teressafowler
    Options
    Hello! I'm from Missouri, age 46 and I really need to lose this weight. My kids are all teenagers and I need to focus more on me and less on them now. Going to see the doctor about my feet and then I am going to start a walking program....AGAIN.

Hard to do this alone, so looking for fellow Missourians to help out. Thanks!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome too! I am an old new as well :) Back on this time since December 27th (didnt wait for New Year to know that the 10 pounds I gained over December was only going to get bigger!)

Good luck! Add me as a friend if you want more support.

LOL, I LOVE your "old new" line, cuz that's what I am too! Welcome back and welcome newbies to MFP. I'm back after about 2 years away, due to bad knees. I'm back now with double knee replacement, and hope to AGAIN reach my goal weight.
    With MFP, it doesn't even take luck, so no sense saying "good luck" to everyone. All you really need to do is watch your numbers and work with them through exercise. And exercising doesn't even have to be hard or costly either. I dance to a fast oldies cd that my hubby made me, as well as walk and jog with the Wii. Fun stuff that burns those calories so that you can "up" your numbers!
  • cindytodd422
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm in the 50 club as well, turned last april. I've got a lot to lose...just got on here myself. Feel free to add me as a friend!

Cindy
  • johnnlinda
    Options
    Welcome! I am also in my 50's. I have been on here for over 3 months. This site really keeps you in check, I keep my diary open. I feel it makes me do better. I have the fitbit and try and do 10k a day, not always easy. I have learned excuses don't work, I use to have a handful. Good luck on this wonderful adventure. Feel free to add me, I am on all the time.