Losing Weight ISN'T HARD - Here's My Proof!

Options
WOW what a whirlwind it's been lately!

On Christmas Eve, after taking me to the MedExpress where I was diagnosed with the flu, then running me over to the drug store to get my prescription filled, my wife's water broke while standing in line at a Walgreens.

Two and a half hours later, baby Melanie Lynn was born.

kE2ZF.jpg

For the next 4 days we stayed at Forbes Regional Hospital on the Eastern side of Pittsburgh. I would go home each night (cats needed tending to) and go back first thing each morning. I ate most of my meals at the hospital, so - nevermind the fact that I really had no time to - I had no real way to count calories anyways. I wasn't drinking as much water as usual because it wasn't as readily available, I was drinking real sodas because that's what they gave us, and except for the constant on-my-feet-tending-to-my-wife-and-baby, I didn't get any real exercise. On the plus side, I was too tired to snack when I'd get home.

Mommy and baby came home Friday, 12/28. Over the past week and a half I've enjoyed a wonderful baby-induced "vacation." I stayed up late with the baby while watching movies, classic Knight Rider episodes and playing Xbox, and enjoyed some hobbies during the daytime such as brewing beer, gaming, and of course, helping with the baby. I haven't counted calories, I was enjoying ice creams and beers and even a REAL Mountain Dew (that was a glorious day...) and we even managed to go out for dinner a few times - once with the baby! I still didn't PIG OUT (Well okay, one night at a BD Mongolia's) and ordered salads when available, but I just didn't stress myself about my diet. I did still weigh myself daily however, just to make sure things weren't getting out of hand.

While we were at the hospital, my weight PLUMMETED to 198 (I had been 202). Yay hospital food! When we came home it went back to 201, and after the aforementioned pig-out, up to 203+! But I kept it under control and today - my first day back to "normal life" at work, I weighed in at 199!! My baby brought me to ONEderland!!

So to everyone who thinks they need fancy gadgets or apps or expensive trainers/gyms/equipment, know that above all it just takes time, patience, and smart-thinking to lose weight. Could I have lost more if I was sneaking in exercise and skipping some junk food? Of course - I'm sure of it. But I just became a daddy! I had enough to stress over. My weight loss has become a part of my life, and I'm always mindful of it. I know that even if I slip up a little, I can recover, readjust, refocus, and get back on track.

21 pounds left to go. I hope 2013 is a great year for all of us here, trying to improve our lives! :smile:

Replies

• mari213
    mari213 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful baby and blessing! Congratulations! And... keep up what you're doing!
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Good for you on the loss despite the crazyness a new baby can bring, and Congratulations on your new baby girl who is precious by the way!
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Congrats again on the little girl. :) she's adorible.

And that's great, it really is about a lifestyle change and in a time when most people would clingto fast food and junk you did okay. Be proud of yourself. :
  • johnny059qn
    johnny059qn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Awesome Brother!! Where does the car seat go in the Viper?!?
    Ha!

I had 4 boys and always had a Vette. You can make it work.

Congrats on the new baby!!
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options
    Oh she is soooo beautiful! Congratulations!
  • matcartmill
    matcartmill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Aw, very Cute. Congratulations. And good job on your progress.
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Congrats! She's absolutely perfect :heart:
  • TheViperMan
    TheViperMan Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Awesome Brother!! Where does the car seat go in the Viper?!?
    Ha!

I had 4 boys and always had a Vette. You can make it work.

Congrats on the new baby!!

Lol - thanks for the encouragement. :) I almost sold the Viper because we still have payments, but I refinanced and that helped a LOT. And guess what - the Viper has the LATCH system for car seats - EVEN IN THE DRIVER'S SEAT!!! (There'll be a picture here in the summer - you can be sure of it!)

Thanks everyone. She really is a freakin' cutie, isn't she?!
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Both on the little darling and onederland!
  • BrittKnee_Rae
    BrittKnee_Rae Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    AWWWW SHA, Cute baby!!! :) Congratulations on this beautiful journey you have just begun!!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    What a lovely story :drinker:
  • TheViperMan
    TheViperMan Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    PS - We've gotten the hair under control, by the way, but she's just SUCH a little drama queen already... :smile:

qYjSa.jpg
  • TISHkidneytransplant28
    Options
    PS - We've gotten the hair under control, by the way, but she's just SUCH a little drama queen already... :smile:

qYjSa.jpg

Awww! She's so adorable:) Congrats dad! Your doing great!
  • mayerrocks
    mayerrocks Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Sooooooooo cute!! Congratulations to you and your wife!! And good luck on your weight loss goals!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!