Carrots

Options
NinjaJinja
NinjaJinja Posts: 147 Member
I have a bunch of carrots just sitting around that I don't know what to do with. I tried frying a few in butter but I'm not particularly good at frying things and just managed to char them without cooking them enough. (I like my carrots to be totally soft - not firm or crunchy at all.)

So! Anyone have any recipes that use or feature carrots?

Edit: I should probably also note that I am not particularly into sweets or cake, so carrot cake is out!

Replies

• kgj66
    kgj66 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Boil them in water until soft as you like them then toss them in honey, and some butter for extra taste but more calories
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Roast them!

Toss with olive oil and spices and spread them out in a baking dish. Bake at 350°F for about 30-45 min till they are soft.
  • Lbriggs82
    Options
    Couldn't agree more with Dee_84! Roasted carrots are yummy! Especially if you cut them lengthways (like giant chips) and leave them in long enough so the edges start to turn a bit black. :)
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Carrot soup?
  • NinjaJinja
    NinjaJinja Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas, guys! Roasting in particular sounds pretty good!
  • mochapad1
    mochapad1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    lay out on cookie sheet, salt lightly, pepper lightly, then drizzle a little bit of honey on top. Bake at 350 until tender. These are really yummie.

Lorrie
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    put them in a food processor until they're tiny and boil them with onions, garlic and lentils. YUMMILICIOUS.....

Or juice them and drink the carrot juice! Carrot juice is especially good with a bit of ginger.
  • nguk123
    nguk123 Posts: 223
    Options
    They are best dipped raw in low fat cream cheese and eaten raw. Crunch crunch.
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    You can cut then into slices and cook them to make a chip! It's actually really good lol.

http://pinterest.com/pin/499266308660319779/
  • trnnm
    trnnm Posts: 4
    Options
    Ziplock makes these great microwave steaming bags. They even have common veggies steaming time listed right on the bags. I use those then when they are done I add a little butter and salt and pepper. YUMMY
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    give them to my wife.. she can cook anythign to mush.....