What good healthy foods have you found?

Options
I recently tried Almond Milk and it was delicious! So I decided to post it so everyone else would know. Then, I thought I wonder what are some other great tasting, nutrious, low calorie foods are out there. Please share!

Replies

• areber07
    areber07 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Almond Milk is awesome. I have also found that pomegranate seeds are good in salads and also for baking ( put in breakfast muffins)!
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    If you love the almond milk, you should keep raw almonds handy. I like them so much better than their roasted, salted counterparts. I have also been blown away by Flatout flatbreads. They are bigger than most tortillas, have more to them, and are only 90-140 calories based on whether you get the light flatouts, or regular flavors. My favorite is making a pizza on a sun dried tomato flatbread!
  • nlcastle
    Options
    I love this kind of post since I know I have favorites but also always wonder about new, good for me foods that I haven't thought of! I recently bought a pomegranite, which I hadn't tried in years, and I am completely hooked on pomegranite seeds as a snack! They have super nutrients and just feel cleansing. Nibbling on a couple of seeds at a time from the 1/2 cup, 70 or so calories, serving also makes it a lasting snack. I also love grilling fruit as part of cabobs and to go along with chicken is a change of pace when I get in a fruit rut.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I also love raw almonds, they're delicious.

I'm obsessed with leek at the moment, I also enjoy jerky (low calorie, high protein, but also high sodium :() PB2, dried goji berries and green smoothies
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Oh and roasted chickpeas!
  • nack_23
    nack_23 Posts: 154
    Options
    One of my favorites is definitely sweet potatoes!
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Vegtables-

i started roasting them in the oven 450 with a little olive oil or canola oil & S&P

cabbage- till the outer leaves turn brown
    cauliflower- gets a great nutty taste
    fresh green beans
    fresh asparagus
    carrots- wow- not a carrot fan but will eat them all cooked like this
    Zucchinni

but have fun with food was what i learned and still am -
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I recently tried Almond Milk and it was delicious! So I decided to post it so everyone else would know. Then, I thought I wonder what are some other great tasting, nutrious, low calorie foods are out there. Please share!

Almond milk is great! I love coconut milk too.

1. Turkey bacon, turkey pepperoni, and ground turkey to replace the fatty pork and beef.
    2. Avocados....YUM. Last night I discovered that cutting it into cubes and putting salt, pepper, and a few drops of EVOO and balsamic vinegar is amazing.
    3. Greek yogurt. Lots of protein and keeps me full for a surprisingly long time.
    4. Butternut squash is great as a creamy sauce on pasta. Just cook it and puree it in a blender. Add a little turkey sausage and fresh sage leaves and you got a delicious dinner. It also makes a really good, filling, and low cal/low fat soup.
    5. Kale chips!! Toss kale leaves in a little EVOO and salt and pepper (and I like to add red pepper flakes to make them spicy) and bake on a baking sheet at 375 for about 10-12 minutes. So crunchy and good.
  • lrgarza82
    lrgarza82 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My newest addiction is Walden Farms zero calorie Sesame Seed salad dressing! I love it because I don't have to waste calories or skimp on dressings and it makes my salads delicious ! The company also makes zero calorie ketchup, Mae syrup, chocolate syrup, and several other dressings.
  • deemedpriceless
    deemedpriceless Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love chickpeas too!
  • deemedpriceless
    Options
    You're a foodie, I love it.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk!

I recently rediscovered my love of yams.
  • deemedpriceless
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I will definitely try these suggestions soon..