Does it matter if my protein is high?

2»

Replies

• Annieapple12
    Annieapple12 Posts: 122 Member
    I am glad it;s not an issue. I am new to calorie counting so I am focusing on weighing food and making sure I log everything rather than macros but I did notice that it was consistantly high.

I went over it in one meal yesterday because I had a tin of salmon with my lunch and it seemed odd as it really didn't feel excessive!
  • expouk
    expouk Posts: 4
    Depends what you mean by "consistently high". I daily go over 100grams+ for protein.

Your body just gets rid of any protein it doesnt need/use so its not doing any harm :)
  • SoulReckoning
    SoulReckoning Posts: 48 Member
    I had this problem too on my first day (yesterday). I also noticed that all my vitamins were like in the 400%...except iron. Which is fine, I have a low iron tolerance. Anyway, I've heard what most others on here have posted, your body will just ignore and remove excess proteint that it can't metabolize but the reality that you will hit that threshold is unlikely.

I've gone to settings but I can't figure out how to change my micronutrients goals? Anyone know what i'm talking about? Is it possible on MFP?

thanks,
    SB
  • doornumber03
    doornumber03 Posts: 221 Member
    just go into your goals and select customize.....you can change that there.
  • SoulReckoning
    SoulReckoning Posts: 48 Member
    Thanks! Found it!
  • gerrielips
    gerrielips Posts: 180 Member
    Thanks for your response re: protein & fats - I looked back over the past week's record and see that my recommended daily fat is 40g - I've been keeping it in the range of 17-33 with only one day at 41...I also upped my fiber allowance to 30g/day.