Treadmill - Recommendation Please

Options
My elliptical is out of order and probably won't be fixed for a while. I am now looking into buying a Treadmill in the next month or so. Can anybody that has purchased one recently or has had one for a while recommend one? I am in the states by the way.

Thank you,
Denise

p.s. Not really trying to break the bank here. I have seen a lot of deals online but there are just so many treadmills to choose from so I'd thought I'd ask.

Replies

• willafan
    willafan Posts: 101
    Options
    Hi Denise! I have a good Treadmill Story and source for you. I bought my Treadmill in 1999 and it's still going strong. At that time, I was a single mom with two little kids and it kept me sane and in shape. I didn't really have the money but paid it off in installments. I named it Bruce. Bruce has moved with me 3 times and is STILL going strong. We use Bruce at least 3 times per week and I've never had one single problem with it. I purchased Bruce from a company called SMOOTH-- here is the website: http://www.smoothfitness.com/
    I would probably also check Craigslist if I were you.. especially if you wait another couple of weeks for the New Years resolutions to wear off:)
  • Mr_Stephenson
    Mr_Stephenson Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It depends on your budget, if you can afford it the LifeFitness T3 is a fantastic machine being robust, comfortable for running long distances and offers a wide variety of programs.
  • Mr_Stephenson
    Mr_Stephenson Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Agreed, there are always an amazing number of bargains on Craigslist and Ebay during Feb :)
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I have been checking on Craigslist on a daily basis. :)
  • aswearingen22
    aswearingen22 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    If you have a Sears outlet, check them too. We bought ours there 2 years ago, retail for about $1500 and we paid $900. My brother just bought one there this week, retail for $1,000 and he paid $600. Both Nordic Track commercial series (mine 1500 his 900). I also recommend CL.
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! :)