Body By VI

Options

Replies

• DTulk
    DTulk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking the shakes for over a year now- for a month or 2 they had a strange taste and then the next month I got a letter with the shake mix saying that some Canadians had complained about a weird taste so they were sending the US product. Since then its been normal. In the morning I have half coffee, half milk, and a bit of low fat hot chocolate mix. In the winter I drink it hot, and blend with ice in the summer
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I've never tried Body By Vi... I drink RAW meal replacement... which in and of itself... tastes a lot like what I would imagine licking the bottom of a dirty fishbowl would taste like... but it is just about the single healthiest thing I've found to put in your body... I mix it in my coffee, with almond milk and stevia, helps out the taste dramatically.

Also... Is it the initial taste or the after taste that bothers you? I've found that personally, I can't stand whey based protein because the after taste tastes like spoiled milk to me, so I use plant based proteins (not soy)... and haven't noticed an aftertaste.
  • pamelajoyce84
    pamelajoyce84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started my weight loss journey with Body by Vi. I hated how artificial the shake mix tasted. After I finished my bag of mix (waste not want not and all) I switched to unflavored protein powder and took a multi-vitamin. I actually had more success with that. I never added anything but fruit and milk or juice (natural and unsweetened) to the shake mix as it seemed counter productive to fill the shakes full of artificial sugar. After about 2 months total of 2 shakes a day I came to MFP and used a shake for breakfast (8oz of cold coffee, protein poder, 2-4 oz of fat free half and half, and ice) and meals for the rest of the day. I still love the coffee shake although now that it's winter I've been eating oatmeal for breakfast instead.
  • Amber_2005
    Amber_2005 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If you feel like you have to try a shake, I do like the ones made by USANA. In general though, I feel more hungry using things like that versus just eating right. Eating right is a huge struggle for me.
  • krocksa
    krocksa Posts: 32
    Options
    IF you have to force yourself to drink them, and it's not something you will be able to maintain for..well...ever, then why continue? If your not going to make them a permanent part of your diet, then you're not teaching yourself how to eat and/or how to maintain within a specific calorie goal. In the long run, you're forcing yourself to eat things you hate for something that may or may not give you short term benefits. Then, when you gain the weight back, you'll try BBV again because "it worked for you before" and then you're in a cycle of yo-yo diets and weight loss, each time making it harder and harder to lose.

Eat real food, supplement a shake for convenience if you find you that tastes good to you and that's what you want to do (I, personally have protein shakes in the morning for breakfast during the work week), keep your calories at a deficit 90% of the time, through in some exercise and you will then have a good solid sustainable plan for weight loss and a healthy life.

^^This a thousand times over!
  • Kess31
    Kess31 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The best recipe for me is Blended together
    Frozen bananas,
    Vi shpae powder
    Silk Soy Choclate milk
    Almond Butter or Cookie Butter from Trader Joes.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I'm shocked you dont like the taste. It smells like cake mix. I did it briefly last year and loved every kind I made. I lost more weight eating properly and losing weight. You likely won't be doing Vi shakes for the rest of your life, so it might be better to eat properly and more to be able to keep weight off permanently.
    But if you do insist on the shakes, I found a website that listed like 100 different recipes for Vi shakes, and they were yummy, Can't remember the website, just google "Body by Vi recipes"
  • EOHerrera
    Options
    If you don't like them, you're not going to stick with it. By the time you add all the other things to it to make it taste good enough that you want to drink it, you've added up a lot of calories - and for that you can have something you like, as well as good for you! Besides, who wants to live on shakes forever? You're better off just to find "normal" foods that you like and can fit into your eating plan for the rest of your life - not a quick fix that when you stop drinking them you haven't really changed your eating habits and end up gaining back your weight. I know they make it "sound" tempting, but it truly is not the long-term answer you're looking for.
  • naicf2013
    naicf2013 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I used the Vi shakes for a little while but got tired of having to use a blender - too time consuimg and hard to take on the go. I started doing Ideal Shakes a month ago and I love them. You mix it with water (or lf milk if you want), shake it and go. The Chocolate is fine on its own and the vanilla, well I mix in some SF pudding to give it better flavor. I'm not hungry at all after drinking them. I do 1 or 2 a day - usually breakfast (keeps me from stopping at Bojangles, McD's or BK)! By stopping fast food, not only am I losing weight, the money I save more than pays for the shakes!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Quit the program and eat real food, exercise, and track intake with MFP.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I add a couple drops of a flavored extract. Changes the whole taste. I have a cupboard full of different flavors! Try that. Inexpensive, doesn't add calories and makes them taste great!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    2 tb Body by Vi powder
    1 tb black pepper
    1 tb galic powder
    2 tb salt
    1 cup BBQ sauce
    2 lbs Pork ribs
  • KourtneyP83
    Options
    I drink mine with 8oz skim milk, 1 tablespoon of Hershey's cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon of Simply Jif and about 10 ice cubes. Tastes like a reese and I love it! I drink it for breakfast for the quickness and the protein. It also keeps me full. I don't believe its magic or anything.
    I am only posting this here because I want people who have been successful on this program to give me advice. I recently started the vi shakes. Only problem is they taste HORRIBLE. i Have to hold my nose to drink it. I have tried Frozen fruit, orange juice, milk, everything! I have tried a million recipes. All I am asking for is one or two good shakes so I can stick with this, otherwise I am doomed to quit. Please help someone :):):) TIA
  • KellyBurton1
    KellyBurton1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Word of advice, if you decide to cancel your order make sure you call your credit card company to put a stop on the payments cause they will continue sending them to you anyways and still take your money. I know this because they still owe me 250.00! And that was 8 months ago.
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    The reason the shakes taste bad is because the bag you have has gone bad! I just had the same experience and couldn't figure out what was going on as I had used them in the past. My shakes tasted like milk gone bad. I finally narrowed down to the powder mix. I opened a new bag and my shakes were fine once again.

I don't use the shakes as weight loss but as a breakfast replacement since I don't get enough fruit and I need more fiber in my diet and breakfast is not a meal that I normally eat.

My favourite shake recipe is this:

1 cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk
    3/4 cup of any frozen fruit
    3/4 cup of frozen raspberries (they are the key to awesome flavor)
    1 tbsp of chia seeds
    2 scoops of Body by Vi powder

This is around 300 calories depending on which fruit you put in. You can also add a tablespoon of oatmeal too to up the fiber.
  • Beckiet82
    Beckiet82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think they taste gross, too. I'm not a fan of diet fads like this anyway, but I tried it a couple times and couldn't choke it down. Eat healthy REAL food, exercise and ta-da...you will change your life. No expensive shakes required (it's a joke when people say they save money using these).
  • shayemimi
    shayemimi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    hmmm, I love the taste, very much like melted ice-cream to me, but I do get bored with just vanilla. I mix 2 scoops mix with one scoop instant coffee(dry) with 1 cup almond milk, and 1 cup water, and lots of ice. I drink it blended or not blended, both ways are great! I drink it when I know I'm going to skip a meal, because I'm bad for not eating all day at work. Keeps me going!

Maybe the batch you have is bad. Or just try another shake. I think shakes are mostly good for replacing meals you would have skipped or adding some calories to your diet, there must be another brand you'd like out there. :)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Quit the program and eat real food, exercise, and track intake with MFP.

^ this.

It's cheaper, effective, and way less hassle!
  • JustKacy
    Options
    I am a promoter and have my favorites. I definitely don't like all of them. Blue diamond makes an almond/coconut blend of milk, I use that, the shake mix, and a handful of frozen strawberries and throw it in my ninja blender. I also save a bunch of money every week, but that isn't the point. I agree with everyone else. If you can't find a flavor that works for you, then it's not going to work. Forcing yourself isn't sustainable. I can never see a point in my life where I won't be doing at least one shake a day, but you have to do what works for you.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    2 tb Body by Vi powder
    1 tb black pepper
    1 tb galic powder
    2 tb salt
    1 cup BBQ sauce
    2 lbs Pork ribs
    You forgot the Sriracha
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!