JM 30 day shredder Started 4/15/2010

Options
Day 1, Level 1 4/15
I got my video last night and boy did it kick my *kitten*.
The warm up was great, and I probably needed it, and I enjoyed the cool down to if to just simply stretch everything out and prevent injuries.
I will admit that when it got to the end of a few of those exercises I might of stopped 5 short or so but I am hoping that as I go forward my endurance will beef up on me.
I am going to try my damnest to do this every single day for the 30 days, i have til memorial wkend (6 wks) to see results.
I will try my best to post everyday, like a journal.
If anyone else is started this exercise please feel free to join me and vent.

My theighs are aching the most, thankfully I do not have but 4 stairs leading into my house ;) cus bending is painful.
Somehow I am still excited for results.

Replies

• Moneygrow3
    Options
    Way to go!!! It does get easier with each time you do the DVD!!! I love JM 30 Day Shred!!!! Keep it up!
  • Bearsy08
    Bearsy08 Posts: 16
    Options
    Try the No more trouble zones as well....Let me tell you, it was one of the hardest workouts I have done in a long time. It is doable though not crazy hard where you have to be in shape before you can even try to do the work out.
  • WannaBHottyMommy
    WannaBHottyMommy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    :angry: Klatessa-

Yes I was thinking about doing that one once I got more comfortable where I will be phsycially.
    To focus more on certain areas.

I feel like my muscles are just getting tighter sitting here, I wanna get up and move but I'm stuck until 5 pm
  • WannaBHottyMommy
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Does anyone know how to log this?? How many calories is it??
  • WannaBHottyMommy
    Options
    Is it possible that even mashing the gas and brakes hurt??

cus they do, and I'm walking funny, like feet out like a duck waddling a long,
    Yet somehow I am still excited to go home and try it again this PM.
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I log it as circuit training, and I think some others do as well. My first day doing the shred was no problem, but the next day I could have died. I have a 2 year old and getting down to the floor to play with him was killer! But it gets better, just keep moving and your body will love you for it.
  • mamaL0212
    mamaL0212 Posts: 12
    Options
    I am on day 11 of the shred and it will definitely get easier the more you do it. I was not able to do it consecutively the first few days because my muscles were so sore but once you start to see the results, it makes you want to keep doing it even when you don't feel like you can. Just keep at it! I am scared to start level 2 but I just have to keep saying..."I think I can, I think I can..." Good luck and be strong, you can do this!!
  • WannaBHottyMommy
    Options
    IDOSTER- That is wonderful to hear, actually excited to do it tonight.!!!
  • WannaBHottyMommy
    Options
    So I missed 3 days, I feel awful, especially since my goal is only 6 weeks to be feeling better :frown:
    Anyways my husband decided at the last minute (2:30pm) that he just had to go to the lake Friday.
    So we were there friday, sat, and most of sunday. I had a whole lot of mess to clean up when I got home, cus lord knows leaving last minute the house was a mess.
    So by time I got around to do the shred it was about 9:30 and I'd been up since the sun came up(whenever that is). I barely made it through 5 mins. stopping early on just about everything w the weights. I had acid rolling up my throat and i just gave up. :noway:
    So anways, my legs are not AS sore as they were Friday so I am gonna do the video tonight at a better time.
    I just hope I don't give up. :grumble:
  • WannaBHottyMommy
    Options
    I am such a looser,
    I am having problems at home and am very sad at home.
    So i certainly don't want to exercise, by time I get around to do it last night it was well after 10pm.
    I know that is alot of the problem, so i did maybe 10 mins and quit then ate a orange creamsicle.:cry:
    I'm hoping to get off and take my son to the park to play for a while then come home and start dinner and work out while dinner is going. At a decent hour still. Maybe then I won't feel like giving up. I dunno.
    I am very ashamed, Thursday my real day one was great now it's all gone down hill.:embarassed:
  • marwi
    marwi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up like that. Take one day at a time. You are important and always remember that!! You can do it!!!
  • amesnc
    amesnc Posts: 32
    Options
    I agree with marwi. Do what you can don't give up. :flowerforyou:

I have just started adding the 30 day shred into my routene. I have started very slow, for example I know I have very little upper body strength so have been doing everything with out weights until I can complete all the exercises. Then I will add some weight and then when I can complete that I will move to level 2. It is best to ease into things rather than over doing it and getting burned out or injuring yourself.

We can do this! :happy:
  • oliveoil7979
    Options
    I just did my first day of the Shred last night.

I was almost crying by the end of it. : ) But I have to say that I did about 99% of it, I stopped short on the last round of butt kicks. I can't believe how much I was sweating after only 20 min.

I don't know if this going to affect my results with it or not, but i am only planning on doing it 3 times a week. I am doing this for a couple reason. The first is I am in training for a race, so I wil be running 3 other times a week, (that leaves me one rest day) And even if i wasn't, I have a tendency to get burnt out and bored easily, I don't want to do this for 2 weeks straight, get bored, and then not finish.

Good luck, keep with it. I know we are going to see results fast, with how sore I am today.
  • amesnc
    Options
    I don't want to do this for 2 weeks straight, get bored, and then not finish.

I get bored easily too! I had been doing the C25K training but hurt my shin. So I added the 30 day Shred to keep me interested and not give up!
  • WannaBHottyMommy
    Options
    Attempt 3 of day 2, level 1

I did it, I finally completed another day. I would say I was probably at 90% concentration. I was baking brownies for a party at work today and my youngun thought I was a jungle gym apparently last night.
    But I did finish it.
    I am not sore at all today which worries me though.
    I am also going to the gym today w/ a coworker and If I like it there and feel comfortable enough I am going to join.
    My husband does not support me at all joining, it is a Planet Fitness and is only $10 a month, how can I beat that????
    I think I am just not gonna tell him, I can cancel it if I stop activly going but w/ the yearly fee it's only $160 a year w/ over 100 pieces of equipment to use.
    anyways I was very busy last night doing so much cooking cleaning laundry etc... that I didn't exercise til 8:20 which is far better then the 9:20 & 10+pm that I'd done the last two days.
    I hope to make it about 7 tonight though.
    Maybe then I can give it 100%, maybe also my husband will be home to rangle in that wild child of ours so I can focus for 25 stinkin minutes.

How's everybody else doing w/ the Shred???
  • amesnc
    Options
    Had a busy week but I was able to get in a work out on Friday. Planning on doing it again today!