A little apprehensive about starting P90X

Options
Hi, my name's Jenn. I'm not horribly out of shape and recently got P90X as a Christmas gift. I am a little nervous about trying it, I'm 5' 2" and currently 215 pounds. However, I used to do weight lifting and security detail, so I do have quite a bit of muscle in addition to the fat I'm trying to lose.

I'm wondering if anyone out there has been in a similar situation and can offer a little allieviation from my nerves?

Sidenote: I'm very determined (and stubborn) and will do it anyway, but if anyone can help relieve some apprehension before beginning, that would be amazing.

Thank you all in advance!

Replies

• sarahlouise7
    sarahlouise7 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi,

There is only about 7-10 pound and 3 inch difference between you and i. I am on week 2 of p90x and absolutely love it :) I t is tough but you just do the best you can, if you need a rest, have it, if you can only do some of it, so be it. Just give it your best shot and you will be absolutely fine :) Come join us on the p90x group, you will get a warm welcome and tons of advice and support :) Good luck with your p90x!! :)

Sarah
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    It's hard but doable... Don't think about it and just do it because it is so worth it! After a couple weeks it starts to get fun... I still use some of the videos when I want to mix up my workouts. Good luck and enjoy!!
  • HeatherSanto
    HeatherSanto Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Please don't make the same mistake I did. I was still 60lbs + overweight when I did P90X. HIDE THE SCALE! I looked, got frustrated like a ninny 40 days in and quit like a jack@ss because I thought it wasn't working, but it WAS!

That is my nemesis for this year is to complete it. I'm doing Hip Hop Abs now, then Les Mills Combat and then I think I can take on P90X again. You can do it, just take breaks when you need to. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I completed 2 rounds of P90X and I am on my 2nd round of X2. I was over 200lbs when I started P90X in Sept 2011; I lost almost 40 lbs and a load of inches... my advice = MODIFY and do what you can, keep your diet in check and you will see results. Take a look at my profile pics, my before and after P90X pics are there!

Good luck to you!
    J
  • DianaMI
    DianaMI Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Me and my friend do P90X and mix in Jillian. Love them both, I do fine Jillian more, well she does not give you breaks like Tony does. At first because of my age and how out of shape I was I was scared to do P90X, now I am glad my friend talked me into it. My time with my friend to work out is my ME time.
  • Jenn_Mannino
    Jenn_Mannino Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouragement and the advice!! I appreciate it more than you know!

And good luck to all those who are doing it now and way to go for those who completed it!
  • Wen37
    Wen37 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It's tough at first but you can do it and it works. I love P90X.