Protein shakes

Options
So any recommendations for low sugar/moderate calorie pre-make protein shakes? I am going to use it for breakfast and a late afternoon/pre-workout snack. I kind of think a lot of them taste chalky. That is one of my hang ups with the whole thing.

Replies

• jenncaroon
    Options
    muscle milk chocolate powder with milk...delicious!
  • TaraLangston
    Options
    Hey - so I love the EAS Lean 15. It's at Walmart, but you can get it online too. It's about $20 for a tub, but you can get $2-3 coupons online. It has 100 cals per serving with 15g protein. I think it's pretty good - they're all a little chalky to me, but when I blend it with milk and ice it's good.
  • Hirgy03
    Hirgy03 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein isolates

This was just pointed out to me last week on here, I went to amazon and ordered some to test them out. I gotta tell ya, its GREAT compared to all the others I've tried in the past and cheaper than the shakes in a can I was buying for the last 3-4 months. Hi protein and 120 calories/serving (24 g protein per serving).
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein isolates

This was just pointed out to me last week on here, I went to amazon and ordered some to test them out. I gotta tell ya, its GREAT compared to all the others I've tried in the past and cheaper than the shakes in a can I was buying for the last 3-4 months. Hi protein and 120 calories/serving (24 g protein per serving).

Best protein I have tried so far!!
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Typically you get what you pay for as far as taste goes, I put up with a horrible shake because its a tenner for a 2lb tub. If you have a sports nutrition shop near you just go in and ask them, they're usually really helpful, tell them what sport you do and that you have an issue with the chalky taste of shakes.
  • dukesangel
    dukesangel Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I use the Jarrow brand chocolate and vanilla shakes. 100 cal for a scoop that is 17g of protein. They are not overly sweet which is my problem with most shakes, just too sweet. These are more a mild background. Love them.