Been here, done that...

Options
In January 2006 my dad died unexpectedly. 3 weeks before he was supposed to give me away. That is what started my BIG weight issues. Now 7 years and 2 children later, I am at the 2nd heaviest I have ever been. The sad part? After I had my first child, I returned quickly to my pre-pregnancy weight, after my 2nd child I did not. So in June of 2011 I joined MFP and a gym. From June -November 2011 I lost 39 pounds. I felt better than I had in a very long time. I LOVED going to the gym. I LOVED weight training. I LOVED the elliptical. I HATED the cold morning air, the getting up even earlier to defrost my car, etc. SOOOOO I made the decision I regret to this day... I decided to "take the holidays off" from the gym...but I never went back (of course).:explode: So here I am OVER a year later and I've put on 20 pounds of the 39 I lost. Fantastic. I am so pissed at myself. But this time I'm going to do it...and it is going to be easier this time. My husband (who has gained a lot of weight since he got a "desk job") is doing it with me, we bought an elliptical and an Xbox Kinect. Hopefully between us doing it together, the MFP community, and my new "gym equipment" at home I can make it happen this time! I want to lose AT LEAST 80 pounds....Soooooo, let's do this!!! :smile:

Replies

• maya88j
    maya88j Posts: 29
    Options
    Good luck hun you can do it feel free to add me for some motivation cause we can do this together..Happy New year
  • Luvmichnata
    Luvmichnata Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! I'd love to hear how the Xbox works out for you. I've been thinking about that too. Just ordered some workout dvd's for the Body Revolution so we'll see how that goes!
  • Suzyqz37
    Options
    Sorry about your dad! Losing a loved one is definitely a trigger for emotional eating. My younger brother died in an accident when I was 13 yrs old and I started my journey of food addiction and emotional eating. I feel like I deserve treats when I'm upset or stressed. It's going to take a lot of willpower to get over that!

I wish you all the best! Keep logging and try to work out every day! We can do this together!
  • ivette423vc
    ivette423vc Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    if you need a friend for motivation count me in. I personally think the Xbox kinect is a fun way to workout. you just feel like your playing until the next day when you are wondering why you're so sore. lol
  • Binky280
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! :) I already feel more confident!!