New here and looking for other new mommies!!

Options
Hey~ My name is Lisa. I'm 27 years old and just had a little boy a little over 10 weeks ago. I also have a 5 1/2 year old daughter. I gained over 50 lbs. both pregnancies but lost it all the first time within 2 years. This time I am not letting myself take as long to get the pounds off! Right now I only have a little under 20lbs left to lose to be back down to where I was before getting pregnant. I just joined this site on Tuesday and I just completed day 10 of the 30 day shred last night. I am feeling very motivated to accomplish my goal . I think it would be nice to see if there are any other new mommies out there that are trying to lose the baby weight with me. I hope y'all are having a great Friday!

Replies

• ersiruno
    ersiruno Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I am a Mommy of 4 beautiful babies and I am new as well. I am on day 4 of the shred and I'm hoping to see the good results within the next few weeks :)
  • sclay32
    sclay32 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Lisa! My name is Stephanie and my little boy is turning a year on 4/26. i gained about 45 lbs and have just got back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I was actually dieting right before I got preggo and was trying to lose about 30 more lbs. So I am basically full circle need to lose 30lbs. :) How is the 30 day shred? I do the Biggest Loser Game on the Wii and it is pretty intense.
  • lilay
    lilay Posts: 122
    Options
    Hi! I’m not exactly a new mom, my youngest is 14 months old, but I am new to this weight loss journey. I gained a ton of weight between my 2 kids. I had my daughter in July 2007 and my son in February 2009. Between having my kids close together and having milk supply issues while nursing I made little effort to lose weight while nursing them. Since January I have lost 40 pounds and I have 71 more to go.
    BTW…CONGRATS on your new son!
  • mamaL0212
    mamaL0212 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hey Stephanie! Thanks for the reply :) The 30 day shred kicks my butt!! I think it is a great workout because you are constantly moving and it involves cardio and strength training. There are 3 levels and I am still on level one. I hope I can move up to level 2 soon. Plus it is only 20 minutes so it is pretty easy to fit into a busy mommy's schedule! I usually do it at night after the kids are asleep because that seems to be the only time I can fit it in. It is the most intense workout I have ever done! I have a Wii and I didn't even know there was a Biggest loser game. How is that, do you like it?
  • mamaL0212
    Options
    Hey Elizabeth!
    Thanks for the wecome! I think the shred is really going to help me lose the weight and tone up! I just hope I will get the courage to move up to level 2 soon!

Hey Lilay!
    Wow you have done an awesome job with your weight loss so far!! Congrats on that! I'm sure it has to be difficult to have children so close together! Thanks for the congrats :)
  • candice26
    candice26 Posts: 27
    Options
    Hey Lisa, My name is Candice, I'm 26 and I have a son who is 3 and although I'm not a "new" mommy, I'm STILL working off the weight I gained while I was pregnant, as well as some extra. I have vowed never to use the "I just had a baby" excuse again (and YES I have used this excuse recently). I have tried different diets, and weight loss programs, all which I end up getting discouraged and falling off the wagon. I just joined MFP this week, and so far I'm LOVING it. It's keeping me accountable for my actions, and I'm excited to log in every day and enter my exercise and food :) Welcome Lisa, I hope you get as much out of this as I have so far!!

Stephanie - I bought Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred 2 days ago, and did it after my jog yesterday - it was AMAZING!!! I usually hate workout videos and find them cheesy and feel like I'm super awkward doing them, but this one (although the standard intro is read from a teleprompter, and is really cheesy) the workout itself is fantastic!!! I have a WII with WII fitness and love it, but I really wanted to try the Biggest Loser game - maybe that'll be my big purchase this weekend :)

Have a great Friday ladies!
  • candice26
    Options
    OH - Also I joined the "High Heels and Fishnets" thread - It's a weight loss challenge, with little mini challenges each week. Weigh in every friday, and go along with the challenges they throw our way - SO amazing, I'd suggest to any of you trying to look for the motivation and accountability to join this thread! :)
  • libra1021
    libra1021 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Alice and I have 3 children. My youngest is 9 months old and the baby weight isn't coming off as easily as it did after my first two (ages 9yrs and 6 yrs)

My plan is a meticulous diet (counting calories + cleasning/detoxing) and exercise (5 days a week).

Feel free to add me as a friend, I can use all the support I can get and I can also offer support in return!

Good luck to everybody!
  • mamaL0212
    Options
    Hey Candice,
    i totally agree with you about the baby weight excuse! No more, I want this weight off!! LOL I am loving this site as well. I am so happy that i found it. It is very motivating to come on here and update what I am eating and how I am exercising. I think it is great and that it will really help me lose the weight and keep me accountable. Thank you for the welcome :)

Hey Alice,
    How are you cleansing/detoxing? What all does that involve? Also, how do you add someone as a friend? I would love the support as well :)
  • candice26
    Options
    Hey Lisa - To add a friend just double click on the persons picture and it'll bring you to their page, thats when you choose "send a message" or "invite as friend" and you're done :) They won't go on your "friends" list until they accept you! Hope this helps!!

Would love the support as well!
  • mamaL0212
    Options
    Thanks Candice! I figured it out, we are now friends! Hope you are having a good Friday!
  • CreativeRedhead
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the best site on the web!!!

I'm a mommy of 4 wonderful children and I'm also here to shed all that extra poundage I've been dragging along with me over the past few years. I wish you luck on reaching your goal, exceeding it even if you want! This truly is a wonderful group of supportive people and great nutritional and informative tools. Good luck and enjoy your time here. :flowerforyou:
  • trin03
    trin03 Posts: 12
    Options
    hello! I am a new mom of a baby boy who is turning 6 months next week!! I am also on day 3 of the 30 day shred and it is definitely KICKING MY BUTT!!! I'm hoping it gets a little easier...I'm down to my pre-preggo weight but was also trying to lose weight before I got pregnant! so I need to lose a little less than 20 lbs! Good luck!!!
  • mamaL0212
    Options
    Thanks CreativeRedhead! It is so nice to meet such sweet women!! Thank you for your kind words of encouragement :) Good luck to you as well!

Hey trin03! It's good to know, I'm not the only one that finds the 30 day shred to be a challenge! We can get through it together :) good luck to you also!!
  • calcote05
    calcote05 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not exactly a new mom either (my little girl turned 1 on 3/24), but I gained about 35 pounds with her. I have lost most of it, but had gained some prior to my pregnancy and would like to get back to what I weighed when I got married 5 years ago. My main goal is to be healthy though (battling high blood pressure since pregnancy). I am new to MFP (day 3 I think), but joined High Heels and Fishnets. I'm hoping this will make me more accountable! I am one that can jusitfy anything lol! I am excited about this and look forward to losing! Good luck to everyone!!
  • heidirhodes29
    Options
    I'm a mommy to. I have 2 girls (4 and 6 weeks.) I need to lose over 100 pounds. I'm going to do Walk Away the Pounds.
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a mom as well -feel free to add me as a friend. It makes me feel better knowing that I'm not the only mom out there struggling to get back into shape. I starting using MFP because I was tired of feeling and looking this way...and tired of making excuses for myself. There are so many things in our lives that are not within our control, but losing weight is. So, here we go...
  • mamaL0212
    Options
    Hey calcote05, it's good to meet you! Good luck to you also! :)

To heidirhodes29 - Congrats on your new little girl! My little guy is about 10 1/2 weeks old. I did a lot of Walk Away the Pounds when I lost the weight the first time I was pregnant. I think it is a wonderful program! This time I am doing the 30 day shred, it is so much more intense but I am thinking about doing Walk Away the Pounds on the days I am not able to do the shred. Anyway, good luck!

Hey mercariash!
    You are definitely not the only mom struggling!! We can help motivate each other to reach our goals!!
  • melting_mama
    melting_mama Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm a new mommy... again! lol. I had my fourth little on 8 weeks ago. Each pregnancy I gain gain and gain. This time I had 2 pregnancies back to back b/c of a 2nd tri-loss last year. So... my body is definitely needing some TLC. ;) I'd be glad to join in here with other moms encouraging each other.
    Beth
  • LoriLou67
    LoriLou67 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi there - my name is Lori. I am new to this site, a "new" mommy to a seven week old son, and we have a 3 1/2 old son. I would love to be able to check into this group for support and accountability.

I gained almost 60 pounds with son #1 (being pregnant during my first winter in Montana was not good) and it took me 2 years to get down to within 20 pounds of my prepreggo weight, at which point we were blessed with another pregnancy. I stuck to the caloric goal my Dr. gave me but could not exercise during the first trimester due to spotting and other medical history stuff. I gained 70 pounds...that's what I get for being 42 I guess. At any rate, I do NOT want to take two years to get this off.

I am a member of a really great paid site, have developed good logging habits during my time there, and will miss my Healthy Habit Queens. But the $ could be used elsewhere and if after a bit of time my food data base is not so time consuming, and if I can find a couple of groups to be accountable to, then I would be happy!

Exercise these days consists of whatever I can get....my bike is set up on a trainer downstairs, Wii stuff, Sansone walking DVDs, resistance bands, some heavy -duty yardwork (15 acres wooded and lots of cleanup needed to keep a healthy forest).

Hope you all have a great Friday and I look forward to getting to know you here!:smile: