New & with little support

Options
First to introduce myself:

I'm 29 years old, 5'0", 175lbs and married to my wonderful husband of 3 years. I have a son and 2 stepchildren (1 daughter, 1 son). Throughout childhood I have always been very fit. Active in dance for 8 years and anything to do with the out doors. When I had my son in Feb 2003 I gained 80lbs. My son was a 10 lb 2oz child (big baby) after having him I had trouble keeping weight off and was actually gaining. I was in a size 18. After my divorce in 2006 I lost a lot of weight in an unhealthy way. When I didn't have my son I was out dancing with the girls and drinking, never really eating. I was also in College full time and worked a full time night shift job, so eating was just if I had time.

When I met my husband in 2008 I was at 125lbs. Like normal we got comfortable and the weight slowly started coming back (it also didn't help he is full Italian and could cook):frown: . Ever since then I would start to work out; lose a little weight then quit. I didn't have support or really anyone to talk to you. My side of the family is short and stocky(and always say that's how we are) and my husband of course can eat what he wants and lose weight. When I did lose some weight he would notice and compliment me, tell me good job, but always said I love you no matter your size. That was comforting but not helping. After looking at pictures of this Summer and Fall of us camping with the kids, hanging out with friends, and taking family pics, I knew something had to change. I was so embarrassed that I would crop myself out or make it head shots only.

So like everyone else out there, Jan 1st was coming and I was determined to do something. I have been keeping with it daily and have more energy already, but am lacking the support and sometimes motivation (saying I can skip a day). I'm looking for anyone who is in need of the same or would just like to offer some insight. Feel free to add me and I hope we all can meet the goals we have set.

Thanks for listening:wink:

Replies