High calorie, low fat foods?

Options
Hey guys.

My alarm clock did not go off this morning for some reason, so I had literally ten minutes to get dressed and leave the house. Luckily, I had stopped by subway last night and gotten a sandwich and yogurt for today's lunch. I threw that in my lunchbox and left, no breakfast, no snacks. I've got 480 calories out of 1500 for today. I don't really want to eat like 4-5 packs worths of snacks and things to make up for my missed breakfast. I normally have once per day, because they're pretty high in sugar and fat. I need something fairly high calorie for dinner. I don't normally like to go over 15 grams of fat per meal because I take the alli pill.

What can I have for dinner to make up for most of the calories I've missed from not eating breakfast and my morning snack? I need at least a 800 calorie meal, maybe 20-25 grams of fat (since I'm under my fat gram goal too).

Thanks!

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I think you're thinking about this a little too much.

Missing breakfast ONE day and missing those calories is going to be okay. You don't have to stuff yourself silly at dinner to make up for those calories. Just eat a healthy dinner, try to not make missing breakfast a habit, & move on. :smile:
  • kevcar0603
    kevcar0603 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Are you planning on cooking at home or are you looking for a take-out idea in that calorie range?
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I agree! Just eat a healthy, normal size meal that you can live with & don't worry about 1 day of missing breakfast. I think the "distribution" of the calories throughout the day is more important that getting every calorie in. Don't worry too much & I think you'll be okay.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Thanks. :) I'm new to all this, so I wasn't sure if I should try to make up for those calories or not. I figured I'd just ask anyways.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    One day of missing breakfast isn't going to hurt you. But here are some low fat ideas.

Stirfry chicken and pine nuts with some bell peppers and have over 1 cup whole grain rice.
    Spinach salad with tomatoes, mushrooms, a little egg and some vinagrette dressing.
    Ham steak with steamed new potates and green beans.

How is that Alli pill working for you?
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Alli actually works very well for me!

I've gone for a few weeks without alli before, and haven't lost this much weight.

I don't have any side effects (even when I accidentally take it before my occasional cheat meals.) Once I've eaten like a chocolate cake piece with at least 100 grams of fat, I know, while on the alli pill. I was getting ready to sit on the toilet for the next 24 hours, but, nope, no side effects. However, the 15 gram of fat per meal limit does help me, because I use it as a goal of sorts. :)