Insanity

Options
Has anyone tried Insanity? And if so what did you record the exercise under?

Replies

• DeterminedToLoseWeight
    Options
    I created my own exercise :) Do you have a HRM?
  • SweetCollz
    Options
    I was wondering the exact same thing! :) I think I will invest in a heart rate monitor for a more accurate number. I was just wondering what I should log Insanity as in the meantime!
  • CountryGirl84
    CountryGirl84 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I guess I will log as circuit training though I feel like I burned more calories than that although that's likely just because I barely made it through day 2! This program really is crazy I can see how everyone got such amazing results after only 60 days. Having a new baby and a 4 year old at home I may not get to do it every single day but I will try my best!
  • CrimsonAffliction
    Options
    I bought a hrm to ensure proper readings.
  • LiveEatLift
    Options
    Insanity is def crazy!!! but it got me from a sz 7 down to a 3 in 60 days pretty freakin awesome! :) is this your first time doing it??
  • heytheresierra
    Options
    ive done 3 rounds of insanity and have lost over 60lbs in the last 9 months!!!!!! are u looking to purchase the program?? OMG I LOVE IT!!
  • quinndeleon
    quinndeleon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started doing it recently. I lost 10lbs in the first 2 weeks, which I am sure was water weight. I stopped and ended up gaining 5 of those lbs back. So I got back on it. I suggest you get an HRM. I am currently in the process of finding a good one for less $$$, but for now I found a website, www.calories-calculator.net and it calculates calories burned by day or just by exercise. Be sure to calculate you heart rate during your workout to get a more accurate reading of the calories burned.
  • Catrina_Marie
    Options
    I was wondering what people's results have been after doing insanity? I just had a new baby 9 weeks ago and i don't have the opportunity to get to the gym, and I recently seen a commercial for insanity and haven't talked to anyone who has tried it, it's very expensive and I'm afraid of wasting money. Any input on it would be much appreciated. :)
  • Applegondi69
    Applegondi69 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    So I am not the only one trying to figure this out.
  • Applegondi69
    Applegondi69 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just started 3days ago and trust me it's an investment for sure.
  • CountryGirl84
    Options
    Insanity is def crazy!!! but it got me from a sz 7 down to a 3 in 60 days pretty freakin awesome! :) is this your first time doing it??

This is my 1st time! With my 1 month old baby it took me 3 tries to actually make it through day 2, but I did finally get the whole workout in! Definitely not 100% keeping up though lol I can see how you would get serious results in 60 days!
  • LiveEatLift
    Options
    question are u doing this totally alone or do u have like a coach to help u out? and a support / accountability group?? because if you don't i have one on facebook! why do it alone ?! ;)

here's the link just incase u decide to join :)
    [link removed by mod]
  • CountryGirl84
    Options
    I was wondering what people's results have been after doing insanity? I just had a new baby 9 weeks ago and i don't have the opportunity to get to the gym, and I recently seen a commercial for insanity and haven't talked to anyone who has tried it, it's very expensive and I'm afraid of wasting money. Any input on it would be much appreciated. :)

I decided to try it for free from youtube first, you can't actually get the video but you can get videos of people doing the insanity workout & you can hear shawn t in the background. not as good as the real deal but it will let you know if you want to invest in the real thing,,,,I want to try it a bit longer yet it's a pretty intense commitment!
  • LiveEatLift
    Options
    same to u ! are you doing alone?? if u r def request to join that group! :)
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm on the second week and that's really saying something! I felt like a complete beginner on Day one! I'm now halfway through week two and I'm pleasantly surprised at the endurance and energy I have. The workouts are getting SLIGHTLY easier and I don't dread them quite so much.

I'm not going to weigh for a while but I my clothes seem to be fitting more loosely. The sense of accomplishment really has made this program worth it for me!

I would totally recommend it!
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options

Now I'm excited! Nice job!
  • Catrina_Marie
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input I'm deff looking forward to giving this a try ????
  • avinalaff123
    avinalaff123 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried Insanity? And if so what did you record the exercise under?

Amazing amazing amazing! Definitely the best exercise program I have come across.

In terms of recording calories, I think you'll need to set up your own exercise in the Cardiovascular section since your calorie burn will depend on your weight and personal fitness (heart rate). Having said that, if you don't have a heart rate monitor you can use this site:- http://www.everydayhealth.com/food-fitness/calories-burned - it's not going to be 100% accurate but it does have the Insanity DVD's in there and it does factor in your weight so quite a good indication.

Hope this helps and good luck with Insanity!!!

Phill