Please help, is it normal to feel like your dying?!

Oh my god please help all, just started an interval training DVD tonight, made it 10 minutes into a 20 minute level 1 programme and physically couldn't do anymore is that normal?? I'm in years wondering how people do it ????

Replies

• BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    In time it will get easier
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Take it slow. If you can only do 10 minutes, do 10 minutes until the day you can do 11. And so on.
  • wannalosew82
    wannalosew82 Posts: 108 Member
    Your title reminded me of Jillian Michael on 30 day Shred - "Think you are gonna die, then follow Anita" LOL!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Yes, it is normal if you have not been very physically active. Keep at it and every day you should be able to do a little bit more. I can now go back and do the higher levels of some of the DVD's I started with, and complete them just fine, and I am a LOT older than you.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,174 Member
    I remember years ago, I tried an exercise routine when I hadn't exercised in ages. I got through the routine just fine. But the NEXT day, I was SO freaking sore I could barely move. Never did that again. But you do have to work up to the max level if you aren't used to exercising.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Your title reminded me of Jillian Michael on 30 day Shred - "Think you are gonna die, then follow Anita" LOL!

hahaha this is what I immediately thought of too. There were many times when I thought I was going to die doing her DVDs, but I just take a breather for a few seconds and jump right back in. The worst you can do is to shut off the DVD. Just get through the whole things and rest when you really need to. Then you will see that the time you rest will be shorter (and then no resting time at all!) when your endurance and fitness improves. Stick with it!
  • JennsLifeStyle
    JennsLifeStyle Posts: 1 Member
    Take it at your own pace to start off with. Then you will be able to complete more and more, faster and faster as time goes on. I took a kick boxing class and thought I did pretty good keeping up. The trainer asked me to slow down because he was worried about me. So I did it at my own pace, was able to get through the whole class and able to keep up with everyone..eventually and I was obese and the biggest in the class.

Just don't over do it. Safety comes first.
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 564 Member
    This made me smile because that was so me the first time I ever did 30DS. I thought I was going to pass out and was dreading the next day but it got easier with each day that I did it. Just don't overdo it and keep at it. Good luck!
  • Twinkle230786
    Twinkle230786 Posts: 20 Member
    Thank you all, this is similar to 30ds! I just started to convince myself I was the only one to feel like it! Gonna try again tomorrow it has made me more determined to keep going!! X