Zombies, Run!

Options
Have any of you used the Zombies, Run! app for the iPhone/iPod?

For someone like me, who will only run if chased, this app is actually amazing. In a nutshell, it's this app that you listen to while you run that simulates you being chased by zombies. You're being spoken to (over headphones) by some "people" back at the "base" who are telling you what to do. In addition to your "missions" that they send you on, they also play your own playlist of music, they also track your stats (distance, time, calories, etc.) There are about 30 different missions, as well as another app that you can download to train for a 5k that has plenty more missions) so it isn't the same old thing over and over again. And this is all while you're being chased by zombies.

If you haven't tried it and are open to something new and cool to listen to while you run, this is worth a shot! I hate running and this made my experience 10x more fun!

Replies

• SlvrLyssa
    SlvrLyssa Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome - Now I'm sad I don't have an iPod or iPhone. I'll have to look to see if they have anything like this for Blackberry, though I doubt it.
  • lisam724
    lisam724 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    so going to try that !!!!!
  • BreakingBackSunday
    BreakingBackSunday Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I consider buying that app all the time! Now that I know it's as fun as it sounds, I might actually drop the $8 on it!
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I love this app. I normally hate running, but I thought I'd try this. Now, I actually want to go running to find out what happens next. The zombie chases add excitement and force me to speed up for a minute.

I have it on android, and there is a windows phone version, too (although they're no longer updating the windows phone version), in addition to iOS.
  • watergallagher
    watergallagher Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Pos rep
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I have both apps. If you're hesitant to pay full price, "like" their page on Facebook and keep an eye peeled for specials. I got the original app for $3.99, and the 5k training for $1.99. A week later, my husband got the 5k app for $0.99.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I have both apps. If you're hesitant to pay full price, "like" their page on Facebook and keep an eye peeled for specials. I got the original app for $3.99, and the 5k training for $1.99. A week later, my husband got the 5k app for $0.99.

Thanks for the info!
  • Wexy86
    Wexy86 Posts: 6
    Options
    I love love love this app, its such a good way to build up your distance without even realising. I'm on mission 15 and so intrigued as to what happens next! Couldn't reccomend enough :-)
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I have been using it for our walks. Probably not as fun as running with it, but it's still super cool and gives us something to pass the time :)
  • xxvogue
    xxvogue Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It's a great app. I'm sad that I've finished all the missions they have so far, ends with a cliff hanger!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded the 5K app the other day. It was on sale for $0.99. I won't have a chance to use it until Friday, but I can't wait! And I usually don't look forward to running lol
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    You actually almost got me to want a smart phone!!
  • khjalseth
    Options
    I LOVE THIS APP! It really does keep me going and motivated, I've recommended it to so many people! :)
  • IrishSoul
    IrishSoul Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just purchased it ($3.99) from itunes for my iPhone. Can't wait to try it out!
  • andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Bought this last night and just did the intro workout (5k).
    This was the most fun I've had doing 5k training- EVER.
  • magsi25
    magsi25 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    After reading this I've just downloaded the free 5k app onto my samsung. Looking forward to trying it tomorrow.
  • gonnasee33
    Options
    using the 5K version .. There is a slight difference in the intervals between how the zombies run! app has you train for a 5k vs a traditional c25k program. I alternate between the active.com c25k and the zombies run! for my cardio ( monday is c25k , tues is zombies run! , weds c25k etc etc)

It does make spending 30 minutes on treadmill go ALOT faster
  • meefo42
    meefo42 Posts: 21
    Options
    I LOVE this app! I'm waiting very impatiently for season 2, now haha.
  • devidiva1
    devidiva1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have this app and I love it too. The online section of this has been glitching for me recently, so I started packing around my little ipod nano and using the built in Nike pedometer to track my calories burned. Zombies online started working for me again today so now I have a question - Nike says I burned 251 calories, and Zombies says I burned 666. I actually had Nike running about 5 min before I started Zombies, and ended both within a min of eachother. Can anyone confirm the Zombies calories burned accuracy? I hope that makes sense. Thanks for any info!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Now i finally understand what the hell mesha keeps posting on her feed....