Help...not losing weight!!!

Options
Hey yall.
I'm having a big problem! I think i'm doing everything right....i'm eating healthy and staying under my calorie goal, and working out about twice day (I'm circuit training that includes cardio and weights) and i'm still not losing weight! I've gained about 4lbs and am stuck at that weight! Does anyone have any advice on what i can do to change to actually lose weight??? Thank you!

Replies

• emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    for 2 weeks try eating 4oz protein, and veggies for dinner, for your evening snack more protein than carbs. Also a boost meal every for days, a extra helping of protein or carb at one meal. Should get you re-booted again.:bigsmile:
  • Cstaub
    Cstaub Posts: 18
    Options
    Thanx so much!!! I'll try that! =)
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Don't forget - make sure you're eating enough!!
  • coley009
    coley009 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello. You said you were staying under your calorie max. How far under are you? If you consistenly stay too far under your calorie amount, your body goes into starvation mode and starts creating its own fat to feed itself. Make sure you are eating, especially since you are working out twice a day, you HAVE to eat as many calories as this program says, or your body will produce its own fat to eat. I think if you eat more, you will see better weight loss. GOOD LUCK!! :)
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to find the right amount of calories to lose weight. When I used this site before it gave me 1200 calories and I had a hard time sticking to it, and even when I did I didn't lose much. Not it gives me 1440, and as long as I stay within 100ish of that goal I've been droping weight like crazy! 5 lbs in the first week! :) Different people's bodies need different abounts of fuel before they can loose. Try giving yourself a little bit less for a few days (so long as you're never under 1200) and see what happens...if no weight loss still try giving yourself a little bit more and see what happens with that! You have to find the spot where your body is getting enough fuel to function and still burn fat! :)

Good luck!!!
  • Jovybc
    Jovybc Posts: 2
    Options
    I got into the same demise as you did. I gained 3lbs two weeks ago at first but I lost in inches. I have a trainer right now and we are doing circuit training, he told me that I will gain weight because of gaining muscle and muscle weighs more than fat but when I was measured, I lost an inch and a half. :-D You might have not lost weight but you probably lost inches and later on the weight will just come off. Also, make sure you're not in an exercise plateau. See if you can change up your routine so your body doesn't get used to it. :happy:
  • sailyogi
    sailyogi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Same with me. Upset because working out a lot and dieting at my calorie limit everyday eating very healthfully. Only lost 2 lbs in 6 weeks. But...when we did measurements, I had lost 3 inches in my waist and 1 inch everywhere else! So muscle does weigh more than fat. You are probably replacing fat with muscle. :)
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    It could be helpful if you share your food diary so we can see what you are eating.
  • Cstaub
    Cstaub Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm trying to stay between 1200 and 1500...depending on how much exercise i actually end up doing that day.

And i think yall are right...i feel like my old shorts are fitting better then they were. :happy:
  • stamps4fun
    Options
    don't give up. eventually you will start to drop some pounds if you are truly tracking all your food intake.
    you are building muscle with your work outs and eventually that will burn more calories.
  • price805
    price805 Posts: 20
    Options
    I had the same problem back last summer where all the exercise in the world (running 3x a week, walking all the other days, Wii Fit, etc) and healthy eating was barely helping me to lose maybe a pound every two to three weeks. Come to find out, I had insulin resistance and I was storing all the glucose my body couldn't process as fat. Doesn't mean that's what's happening with you, but if you continue to have problems don't be afraid to talk to your doctor.