MAke my own c25K?

Options
Does anyone know of an app where I can have my own music for the walking/running sets? I am using the NHS podcasts and the music they use is dire. I would rather have my own music and just the voice telling when its time to walk and when its time to run.

Thanks

Replies

• chervil6
    chervil6 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    yes i agree the music is dire lol
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I think if you use the Ease into 5K app (iPhone) you can use your own play lists
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I use a C25K app that I bought for my iPhone (they have a lite version for free - a few weeks - or for $2 you can get the full version which is 8 weeks).
    It allows you to play your own music from your ipod while the program runs. Then the music dims and the voice announces when its time to run/walk. I'm at work and don't have my phone to look at the name of the app... I look here in a bit.

Does anyone have a good mix of running songs they can pm me?
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I use the "runkeeper" app as GPS and it lets me use my own playlists. There are programmed workouts on it, and you can program a workout on it too, but I have never actually used that function.
  • heypurdy
    heypurdy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    RunKeeper! I think it's the best running app. You can sign up for a C25K training program too (free). And they outline all the runs for you. And you can listen to your own music on your phone (itunes basically). The voice will come on and lower your music and then the volume will go up again when the voice is over.
  • Dsmcgrail
    Options
    The free c25k app by zen labs lets you listen to your own music and the run/walk voice breaks in to alert you. And when you're halfway, and when you have a minute left.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the name of the app I used but most on the google play store lets u listen to your own.
  • allisonrozsa
    allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the app only my Kindle Fire (didin't have a smaller device) and since it's too big to run with, I just went calculated the times they want you to run & walk with a wrist watch (stop watch/timer thing) and listened to my own music on my ipod (it's a classic so doesn't get apps).
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know of an app where I can have my own music for the walking/running sets? I am using the NHS podcasts and the music they use is dire. I would rather have my own music and just the voice telling when its time to walk and when its time to run.

Thanks

Rundouble on android and iphone allows you to create a playlist from the music you have on your phone
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper! It's free... and you can use your own music.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a good mix of running songs they can pm me?

http://tipofyourtonguetopofmylungs.blogspot.com/2011/04/200-running-songs.html
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I have the free C25K app and run my own music and run a free GPS app (so I know how far I go and speed) all at the same time on my iphone 3GS. I thought it would suck my battery but does not. Good Luck.
  • _reno_
    _reno_ Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper or better yet ismooth run. allow you to create intervals.

They will also remain useful as you "grow" as a runner. the C25K apps are not useful beyond the first couple months
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your suggestions everyone, I will give some of them a try - i have an ipod touch and android phone, so will see which works best for me.
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Another vote for RunKeeper - it's great because it'll grow with you. I use it for all sorts of activities including walking on my lunch break.
  • Runninglibrarian13
    Runninglibrarian13 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Here's a list I'm compiling (haven't USED it yet, 'cause right now I just like to run without music)... but I'm listing songs I like or make me want to move my butt...

http://tinyurl.com/bm48e67
  • KazSmith68
    Options
    Hi just wondering when using any of these apps as I too am a beginner, how do you log them into your exercise diary? This is all new to me!
  • _reno_
    _reno_ Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    The app will give you an estimate of calories burned. You will log this under excercise ...... just manually enter the calorie burn (usually lower than MPF gives you credit for)

Someday MFP may get their act together and sync from runkeeper.
  • KazSmith68
    Options
    The app will give you an estimate of calories burned. You will log this under excercise ...... just manually enter the calorie burn (usually lower than MPF gives you credit for)

Someday MFP may get their act together and sync from runkeeper.

Thank you :smile: