New and looking for some support!

Options
So I just joined today after a recommendation from a friend who is on here. I have been trying for well over a year now to lose weight the natural way. I used to be really active in high school and for a while after. I used to always be a size 4 until I stopped playing a million sports and came home from college. I am now a size 8 and HATE it! I know some of you might be thinking seriously youre not that big-but for me its huge! I have tried all sorts of diets and exercises and nothing has worked. Its not that I'm gaining weight-I'm just not losing it. My friend has just recently finished her first trial with HCG and lost 10lbs. Now as much as I would love to do that I know I do not have the will power to follow such a strict diet. So when she sent me this site to try out I instantly fell in love. I love being able to track not only calories but carbs and sugars and so much more. Now all I need is the motivation to keep on it and not stop after a week!
Any and all friends and motivational tips are greatly appreciated and accepted!! :wink:

Replies

• wdriwech
    wdriwech Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I totally understand what that feels like! and I've actualyl had a similar problem but am loosing now! feel free to add me for support :)
  • notreallytrillian
    notreallytrillian Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    So happy to see that you joined! I'm always here if you need an extra push!
  • fuuqit
    fuuqit Posts: 3
    Options
    Congrats on the first step! Thats always the toughest. Get through that first week and all will be a breeze. Feel free to add if you need support or advice
  • carrieyoung43
    Options
    Thanks! I know I need to get through the first week...that always seems to be where I falter and go back to my old habits!
  • Justkritter
    Justkritter Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You can add me up if you like. It takes more of self-motivation and a good push from friends that supports you to get you going. :)
  • RixxyRikaa
    RixxyRikaa Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 8/10 too! I wanna know what its like to be smaller than that though, not really a place to return to. Feel free to add! Also a college student.
  • kw0205
    kw0205 Posts: 62
    Options
    Feeling good about yourself is not necessarily a size number, and I feel your pain. I've been here almost a week and so far really love it. I love the support of my friends and I love the tools (app for phone, recipe builder, etc). Just keep recording your food and exercise and that will keep you on track. Remember too that you'll see results but just not fast (a few pounds, to sometimes 1/2 pound per week), but know that's the right way to lose weight and hopefully keep it off. I fell off the wagon and happily back on it again. Good luck!!
  • MissJenova
    Options
    Friend request sent! Welcome.