Protein shakes and smoothies

Options
CorneliusRedmond
CorneliusRedmond Posts: 17 Member
Anybody have some simple low calorie protein shake recipes ?? I'm looking for something easy to make as a breakfast replacement or just a nice midday snack. Any ideas ???

Replies

• doornumber03
    doornumber03 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Milk - Nonfat (fat free or skim), 0.8 cup 69 10 0 7 102 0
    Stop and Shop - Greek Nonfat Yogurt Plain, 1 cup (6oz) 100 8 0 18 100 1
    Skippy Natural - Creamy Peanut Butter, 1 tablespoons 95 3 8 4 75 1
    Dole Premium - Frozen Mixed Berries, 0.5 cup (140g) 35 9 0 1 0 3
    Hersey's Syrup - Chocolate Topping, 1 tbsp 50 12 0 1 0 1

Total: 349 calories
    42 carbs
    8 -fat
    31 protein

its fantastic and great before the gym.
  • doornumber03
    doornumber03 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    you can make it lower cal by taking out the peanut butter and choc syrup-- sorry didn't see the low cal part
  • CorneliusRedmond
    Options
    That does sound good, I have some protein powder I can grow in after the gym to boost the protein too.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    1 scoop choc protein powder
    half cup coconut milk or regular milk
    half cup water
    half a banana
    3 ice cubes

blend

if you make it with coconut milk which is around 45 cals a cup it comes out about 135ish calories, if you use real milk it will be more

also, 1 scoop vanilla whey protein
    handful of blueberries, other mixed fruit
    half cup milk
    half cup water
    3 ice cubes

you can add pb to the 1st shake for some extra protein and calories if you are looking for higher cals
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    half cup milk (or preferred milk substitute)
    half cup coffee
    Sweetener of choice to taste
    Ice cubes
  • StephanieRosenbaum23
    Options
    I found this one on pinterest the other day:

10 oz of almond milk (or skim)---you might be able to use less. Haven't tried it yet though.
    1 banana
    1 TBSP of peanut butter
    6 ice cubes

*Delicious!!

-I have been using PB2 rather than actual peanut butter. It cuts the peanut butter calories in half.

You can also throw in a scoop of chocolate protein powder if you are looking for a shake before/after your workout.
  • angrybutter
    angrybutter Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Check out True Nutrition's formulas, they are a local company for me (San Diego) and there is ALOT of options on their website. About 120 calories for a 30g serving of the whey protein post-workout mix that I buy. I use their natural premium chocolate and strawberries n creme flavors, sweetened with Stevia. Dissolves really well in water so it's really quick and easy. I usually drink for breakfast and after a workout, when blended with milk it's actually rather filling.
  • CorneliusRedmond
    Options
    Thanks everyone !! I appreciate the input, I definitely will have to try these out :) I like the idea of experimenting with the coffee !!
  • bub_snig
    Options
    Mines more of a dessert item. I use my low carb chocolate protein shake (Aussie bodies brand) it is the best one I've tried and trust me I've tried more than a few. I put a 30g scoop in a blender with 200mL of skim non fat milk then a teaspoon of hazelnut syrup then add a small handful of chopped nuts then add a cup of ice. Blend it until mixed and you have a high protein low carb frappe that tastes exactly like a liquid Ferraro Roche (my favourite choccy)!
  • Lorrainell
    Lorrainell Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use Living Fuel. It's on the web. Good luck!
  • bub_snig
    Options
    Mines more of a dessert item. I use my low carb chocolate protein shake (Aussie bodies brand) it is the best one I've tried and trust me I've tried more than a few. I put a 30g scoop in a blender with 200mL of skim non fat milk then a teaspoon of hazelnut syrup then add a small handful of chopped nuts then add a cup of ice. Blend it until mixed and you have a high protein low carb frappe that tastes exactly like a liquid Ferraro Roche (my favourite choccy)!

Sorry cal wise it works out around 260ish 180 for powder and milk 10 for the syrup cause its only a teaspoon and 50 for the nuts
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Bump to try some of the shakes. Thanks for sharing
  • wisconsinboogie
    wisconsinboogie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    1scoop vanilla whey protien pwd, 1 sm orange, heaping tblsp of plain greek yogurt, 1 pkt of truvia sweetner, ice.....yum:tongue: