Not sure if I'm doing this right?

Options
Here I go. I have started to log in everyday this week and go workout tonight.
I'm not sure how this all works. I'm not even sure what to do when I go work out.
This is my first day workout. Any ideas what I should start with?

Replies

• NyimaR
    NyimaR Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Try to find something you enjoy. The more you enjoy your workout the more you'll go back to it!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Are you going to a gym to work out?
  • canalesdot
    Options
    Ideas on workout it depends what you are into? I enjoy running but because used to do it high school and feel it is the easiest thing. You can start by walking for atleast 30 min. Also look at classes zumba, kickboxing or step. I am bad at coordination so that is why i stick to running. Just try different things. The key here is just to start getting active dont expect to be awesome it requires time. It took me 7 months to be abe to run a mile without stopping. Also listen to your body. If you are too exhausted take a day or two off it is important to rest your body. Hope this helps.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I would really want to be able to run a 10k in May. I think it will be fun. I think I can do it but its all in my head that I can not.
  • clareBrewster80
    clareBrewster80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I go to my local community gym and as it is full of normal, local people, I have made loads of new friends. It is the first gym that I have been to and felt comfortable, not self consious. I now know most of the staff and instructors. They give great help and advice and have ideas to get motivated. Also, there are often community events, like mass Zumba fund raisers for local charities which are great fun and you feel that you are doing good inthe community. Find your thing and enjoy it! xx Goodluck XX
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I would really want to be able to run a 10k in May. I think it will be fun. I think I can do it but its all in my head that I can not.

There is a program called Couch to 5 K but I don't know how long it takes, if May is enough time to work up to 10K. I know a lot of people who have done it, even people who were very heavy and out of shape.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    C25K is a 9-week program so about 2 months. I don't see any reason that with some consistent effort, and hard work that you wouldn't be able to get up to 10k by May. Be careful not to injure yourself, of course.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options

^^^ If you really want to do a run......I think the best way is to sign up for a race & pay the entry fee
    start seriously training & when the time race comes ...do your best & most importantly Have Fun =)
    do not be too critical on yourself for how you did this race...as it is your first & you are still learning
    If you enjoyed yourself....do it again. Maybe find a running group to help keep you motivated & find running friends
    If you did not enjoy yourself; find another activity you do enjoy.
    Not sense wasting your time on an activity you Think you'd like ;)

Running is all "mental"
    You've gotta "believe" in yourself to do well
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Im goiing to start looking for a 10K to sign up for. Then start training hard. Im excited.