geeky mom, trying again.

Options
I've been on my fitness pal before and I lost 35 pounds, i figured I knew it all and quit. It' took almost two years to pack on twenty pounds, but here I am going to stop the raise before it goes any higher.

I love being a geek, but it's not always conducive to keeping the pounds off. I love doctor who, and true blood and a ton of other geeky things. The last time I lost the weight I did it with the support of the geek community and am hoping again to do it that way. Is there any other geeks out there that want to help me in this journey?

Replies

• SouthernSkylark
    SouthernSkylark Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    a woman after my own heart lol! dr who, true blood, vampire diaries, grimm,ANYTHING with Simon Pegg..... the list goes on ....:glasses:

I love MFP and I wouldn't be as successful with my diet and fitness without it.
  • teshiburu
    teshiburu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I am also a member of the geek community trying to shift my weight just wish i had a tardis to go back and tell child me to listen to my old man!! add as friend if you want x
  • mathildapops
    mathildapops Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi, anyone feel free to add me too. I love true blood, vampire diaries, dexter, American horror etc and need motivation to get my backside off the sofa and walking the dog every day (not happened yet!)
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hello, fellow geek! :)
    You had me at Doctor Who. I am a Whovian, too. I also love Battlestar Galactica, Dexter, Firefly (highly recommended if you don't know it and want to watch some amazing sci-fi), videogames and table top games (both board games and RPGs).

The picture in your counter is super cute!
  • Blackshuck77
    Blackshuck77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been a geek since as far back as I can think. Films, books, comics and anything I can get my hands on. Been a fan of 2000ad since the 80's, Dr Who, Firefly and Battlestar Galactica on TV and any sci-fi/horror and Lovecraftian material I could lay my mitts on. Geeks should look out for each other so good luck with your plan
  • dhammond5
    dhammond5 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the support!
  • MichkaMeShell
    MichkaMeShell Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm too embarrassed to just dump out all of my geek traits, but I can assure...geek runs in my blood. Looking for new friends, too. I delete anyone who hasn't been on in 3+ months. Just got done cleaning house today and I'd love to replenish with some schweet motivating geek-sters!
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I am not quite sure how geek worthy I am but I have watched Dr Who, love Lord of the Rings,Star Wars and love to read science fiction and fantasy. Feel free to add me! :)
  • aakokopelli7
    aakokopelli7 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You had me at Dr. Who....
  • Jenice2013
    Options
    Hi there, since you have done it before, you really know how its done..Keep on tracking your food and keep the fats and salts down..And start walking, walking and more walking :) good luck to ya.