????????

Options
My daily cals is 1560 and I have never ate that. Here is my Question been on here for 3 months down 21 pounds. Over the last two weeks I have really cut down to between 900-1240 on cals and I have put on three pounds. Can someone explane that for me less cals and i gain weight.

Replies

• sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Your body thinks you are starving it. Especially at 900 calories. I wouldn't go below 1200 if I were you.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Yes you're not eating enough so your body is storing what you give it for future use. Eat something!
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Obviously what you were doing was working. Don't mess with it.
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Your body can't survive on 900 calories, you must up your calories, at first you may see a gain but in time it will get better.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    My daily cals is 1560 and I have never ate that. Here is my Question been on here for 3 months down 21 pounds. Over the last two weeks I have really cut down to between 900-1240 on cals and I have put on three pounds. Can someone explane that for me less cals and i gain weight.

Weight loss is not linear. You should eat a bit more for nutrient reasons but you're not hoarding fat due to low intake as that's not really how things work.

I would get back to your previous intake levels (that caused a 21lb drop) and give it a few more weeks before you make any assessments. Fluid weight can very easily throw things off.
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    if you go below 1200 (depending on the person even at 1200) your body will go into starvation mode, so all those 900 or 1200 calories you eat your body stores and doesn't let burn off so you're actually eating less but kind of keeping more of those calories.

You should check your BMR (go to apps and then click on BMR) and you really shouldn't eat under that

try going up in calories to what you were at before, or maybe a little bit less, maybe 100 calories less or something so your body gets used to that again and then if you want to move down more then move down. If you are going to do 1200 then you should really eat back some of your exercise calories so you eat at least 1200 calories
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Agree with above.

why deprive yourself of food which not only doesn't help you lose weight, but also can cause long term health problems? You can eat a decent amount of calories, stay healthy and also lose weight...sounds like a win..win...win to me.
  • sixisCHANGEDjk
    Options
    You should eat. Why deprive your body of the necessary quantity of nutrients it needs. You might be surprised at what eating the 1560 cals would do.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Why did you change your calorie intake if it was working? You lost 21lb in 3 months which is pretty quick.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Why did you change your calorie intake if it was working? You lost 21lb in 3 months which is pretty quick.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

This, lower is not better.