Help with sweets

Options
The one thing that is really becoming difficult for me, is minimizing the sweets I eat. I love sweets but the calories will take up too many calories from the daily calories suggested. :(

Replies

• BeckyBaine
    Options
    I love, love, love sweets! Fruit helps satisfy my cravings for sweets - red seedless grapes (25 = about 85 cals), macintosh apples (medium = about 80 cals), clemintines (1 = about 35 cals), pink grapefruit (medium = about 105 cals)... I have thinsations treat a day - they have a lot to choose from now, all for 100 calories. Jelly beans are about 5 calories a peice, so depending on how many calories I have left in a day, I'll grab 10 or so. Sometimes I'll add a little squirt of Mio to my water, and I also keep gum handy!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    It's my downfall too.
  • RunningTowardsFit
    Options
    Papergurl had some awesome suggestions. I will also keep things like sugar free fudge pops in the fridge (40 calories) or other things like that. I also like the sugar free fruit bars (25 calories) and lower calorie hot chocolate. I have found that by allowing little things like this into my diet I generally stay on track for longer.

I hope this helps :)
  • Shange_Gully
    Options
    i eat coco pops
  • MaybeAMonkey
    Options
    I find that the less I eat sweets the less I want them. I don't bring them to the office often, but if I do its only enough for one serving to satisfy my craving so I can just move on. Have you tried eating something really rich, maybe some dark chocolate? That way you get to taste it but you don't go overboard. Good luck!
  • Ariana_75
    Ariana_75 Posts: 224
    Options
    Jamie Eason has some great recipes on bodybuilding.com to help with that.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    This is DEFINITELY my weakness!!!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    The things that help me are slim-a-bears at 190, one after dinner, also sugar free jello with cool whip, ff, sf, pudding made with skim milk, a piece of yogurt pie, 2 containers yogurt, 1 container jello, mix together and put in low fat graham crust, very yummy As other also said, love frozen fruit with some splenda.
  • BobSassafrass
    BobSassafrass Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I find that the less I eat sweets the less I want them. I don't bring them to the office often, but if I do its only enough for one serving to satisfy my craving so I can just move on. Have you tried eating something really rich, maybe some dark chocolate? That way you get to taste it but you don't go overboard. Good luck!

I feel the same way. If I have a piece of chocolate I want more, but if I have a peach or an apple it usually satisfies me much better for less calories. Probably has something to do with the fiber.

To the OP, try single serving diced fruit cups in water NOT syrup. Diced peaches are 25 calories, diced pears are 40. Even if you eat 4 servings it won't be as bad as most sweets.