Home workout?

Options
I have purchased a bench press and dumbbell set. I have been doing them for a few weeks, but I would like to do a full body work out using my equipment if possible.
Could anyone guide me in the right direction please?
Ideally I would like to do 3 1 hours workouts a week approximately. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Edit: I am currently a healthy BMI, but my body fat % is still like 23%, so my goal at the moment is to get that down by running and doing weights (although I want to have defined muscles).
I am 20 years old and 5 foot 7. 70kg.

Thanks for any help.

Replies

• maplematt
    maplematt Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump?
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options
    Google is a great resource
  • jmadams111
    jmadams111 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Google weight training programs, and variations on the theme and you'll find out more than you ever really wanted to know!
  • kthychn
    Options
    I recently found Zuzkalight.com and am LOVING it. Super intense HIIT work outs that are usually less than 20 minutes. I've been doing yoga for years and never really saw many visible changes in my body and after only one month of doing these Zuzka light workouts (about 5-7 times a week) I've seen wonderfully visible changes. I'm stronger and have more muscle definition overall. She uses minimal equipment: usually just your body weight, small dumbbells, and a chair occasionally. I highly recommend doing these workouts!!!!
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I work out in my basement and I've done New Rules of Lifting for Women (first phase). It's good. I've heard great things about Stronglifts 5x5 - lots of good information on here. Right now I'm doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred every day followed by some weights. It's awesome!
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Check out Starting Strength. It's more barbell oriented but it could possibly be adapted. I've also heard good things about New Rules of Lifting for Women, but I don't know what it entails.
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I recently found Zuzkalight.com and am LOVING it. Super intense HIIT work outs that are usually less than 20 minutes. I've been doing yoga for years and never really saw many visible changes in my body and after only one month of doing these Zuzka light workouts (about 5-7 times a week) I've seen wonderfully visible changes. I'm stronger and have more muscle definition overall. She uses minimal equipment: usually just your body weight, small dumbbells, and a chair occasionally. I highly recommend doing these workouts!!!!

A second vote here for Zuzkalight. Also check out New Rules of Lifting for Women. Not sure how extensive your weight set is, but the book is a great resource for beginning lifting. If you have enough equipment you should be able to give it a go.
  • npalacios78
    Options
    Hello Maplematt. Although not answering your question directly at first I believe that nutrition is very important to reach your goal in this stage. With the right nutrition you can lower that %. Try to consider some basic things:
    1. Lower your carb intake after 18:00hrs.
    2. Distribute your Fat intake during the day. But dont avoid eating the right quantity of fat.
    3. Carbs are essential so the body can have energy. And by energy it also means breaking protein down. So, in the right amount, carbs are a must.

Now finally answering your question............a pair of dumbbells and a bench can help you with most of the basic exercises. Of course, weight should be changed properly in order to see results. If you have difficulty obtaining more or less weight, try changing your lifting tempo. Instead of doing positive movements for 3 seconds, try doing them in 1. Instead of doing negatives for 1 second, try doing them in 3. You get the point.
    Do your cardio after your weigh lifting or resistance training. Try including HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) in your cardio routine.

I cant give you a specific routine because it would result in an infinite post. But what I do recommend is that you do supersets and giantsets, which combine aerobic and anaerobic exercise which will help you to meet your goals.

Good luck!
  • imaburnin
    Options

YES! Zuzkalight workouts make great exercises out of relatively few items, and they are very challenging too!
  • happylife1
    Options
    Because Zuzanna only releases one workout a week, do you just keep doing that one all week until she releases a new one the following week?