Juicing

Options
I am new to this and am ready to make some big changes in my life. My husband and I have decided to do a juice detox program. Anyone else have advice/knowledge of this program? I did a juice detox for 4 days and lost 6 pounds immediately. I am now juicing twice a day and eating raw vegetables/fruits when possible. I have noticed slight changes in the short week that I have been on this program. Just wanted to see if anyone else had experience with this program and has any advice. Thanks!

Replies

• wjrapp
    wjrapp Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have been juicing at least 5-6 days a week (two or three times a day) since last March. Also, mostly healthy fruits, veggies and proteins. Not only have I lost weight, the most important thing is I have been able to stop taking all my meds (being monitored by my doctor the entire time). I was taking 3 pills a day for high blood pressure, 1 pill a day for high cholestrol and 1 pill a day for arthritis. The combinations of juicing, eating right and excericing has greatly paid off for me and I plan to continue. I've been off all but 1 pill since last Aug. Stopped taking my last bp pill a month ago. Just sharing my experience. Most of my friends don't think it's worth it...but it is to me.

Wanda
  • noni79
    noni79 Posts: 5
    Options
    Juicing is definitley not easy, but I love the results I have seen so far. I am looking to improve my health and overall well being. I am a busy mom of 2 boys, work full time and just started back to college to finish my degree. I am super busy, but have to find time for myself. I definitely need motivation to stay on track to reach all my goals. :) I wish you the very best!! I am happy to hear that you are off all your meds but 1... that's FANTASTIC!!!!! Congrats!!! :)
  • skinnymck
    skinnymck Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a positive thing to me. Is it expensive to keep up?
  • poissonus
    Options
    i recently started dating someone watched fat sick and nearly dead last summer and decided to start juicing. if you haven't watched that documentary do it! its on netflix :) anyways he's lost 50 pounds since then and lowered his blood pressure. he juiced exclusively for 11 days and then transitioned to juicing breakfast and lunch and eating reasonable dinners.

i, on the other hand, eat raw foods, on average about 60-90 days a year. in the last 3 years i've lost and kept off close to 100 pounds. i'm just into my first 30 day raw cleanse of this year but am considering a transition to juicing myself next time!