Looking for people who love to lift weights!

Options
As the title suggests, I'm looking for people that have an interest in lifting weights for a better physique.

I've just started weight lifting as I'm getting comfortable with my weight but want to really tighten my body and become fitter and stronger. I'm reading up a lot about it but would love some new friends (especially women) who have the same interest that I may be able to ask questions to and gain motivation from.

Obviously in return I will encourage you guys as much as possible. :)

Replies

• funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    I lift.
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options
    me too
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I lift too! :happy:
  • sillyli234
    sillyli234 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I only started lifting in the past 2 weeks in a serious manner. Took my husband with me to the gym so he could show me more tricep exercises as I'm pretty good with upper/lower back, biceps, and calves. I'm surprised how much lifting can actually be fun!
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Its becoming a bit of an obsession of mine I love it that much
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I lift. Can't really do much cardio cos my knee is knackered. Weightlifting works! Add me if you like.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I lift, HEAVY!

Feel free to add me:-)

I am currently doing the program: New Rules of Lifting for Women
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I share your enjoyment of picking heavy things up and then putting them back down again. Anyone, feel free to add me.
  • Laruiz65
    Options
    I lift and also have doing Purmotion exercises for almost a year. It's similar to TRX - uses ropes, bands - extreme core workouts!
  • vander7679
    vander7679 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Its becoming a bit of an obsession of mine I love it that much

I am also becoming obsessed! Love it! Feel free to add me, anyone.
  • kvhmc
    kvhmc Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I lift :) I suggest you try The New Rules Of Weight Lifting For Women book if you haven't already, really good routine to follow if you're just getting into it
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I lift!

and I'm doing New Rules of Lifting for Women and I love it. Feels good walking into the gym with a purpose
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I love to lift! One of my fav things to do at the gym. You can feel free to add me!
  • aidensanma
    aidensanma Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love lifting ! Going on three months and learning as much as I can . More women need to get into it, most of the time at the gym couple of females the rest guys! Add me :)
  • PhoenixRising11
    PhoenixRising11 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I only started lifting in the past 2 weeks in a serious manner. Took my husband with me to the gym so he could show me more tricep exercises as I'm pretty good with upper/lower back, biceps, and calves. I'm surprised how much lifting can actually be fun!

I asked my boyfriend to show me how to use his weight machine and give me some exercises to do to start me off. Last night we did Triceps and Chest.
    I was also surprised by how much I actually enjoyed it, so much so I just can't wait to get back in there but have been warned about overdoing it so trying to do every other day instead of every day.

I've also read a lot about the book New Rules for Weightlifting for Women and may just treat myself for my birthday!

And I agree! For a lot of women it can be a little intimidating going into the weights section that's full of guys and no girls. I know it is intimidating to me right now, but luckily my partner has a weights machine in the garage so I can start lifting there unless I fancy a change of scenery. :)