Dessert Question

Options
springgrl
springgrl Posts: 168 Member
I sort of volunteered to bring a dessert over to a backyard grilling thing later tonight. What is something I can buy/make fast that will be fairly low calorie and/or healthy?

Replies

• hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    buy a premade graham cracker crust and add some lowfat jello pudding, any flavor really, look for the "pie" directions.
  • sweetrevenge
    Options
    I love the parfaits from McDonlds so I buy the Vanilla Dannon yogurt and then get some granola and some strawberries and blueberrries (or any berries I guess). Yogurt, fruit and granola and you got yourself some parfaits!!!
  • lucylorelei
    lucylorelei Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I had this same thing come up last weekend right as I was starting a refined sugar fast, so I made a huge fruit salad with canteloupe, strawberries, pineapple, apple, grapes, oranges, mango and blueberries. It was a huge hit and no one asked where the cake or cookies were!!
  • bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    I happen to think this Caramel Apple Salad is delicious!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=79020
  • bwattelet
    bwattelet Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You could do strawberry short cake! U can get the large angel food cakes at the store. Crush up some strawberries and low fat or eve fat free whip cream! I also love to make fruit salad! Good luck!!!
  • perrim
    perrim Posts: 117
    Options
    strawberries and cool whip! That's been my dessert lately when we have friends over and they all love it. So simple, yet so yummy and the strawberries are perfect right now!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

:noway:
    I think I may be way too excited about this!!
    :tongue:
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    strawberries and cool whip! That's been my dessert lately when we have friends over and they all love it. So simple, yet so yummy and the strawberries are perfect right now!

I just threw a birthday party for my daughter and colored the cool whip pink (used strawberry flavored jello powder) and the strawberries and cool whip were gone. It went faster than the cake and ice cream!

My friend made a low sugar cookie crust and rolled it out thin like a tortilla. Baked it. Then topped it with key lime flavored low fat cream cheese and topped the cream cheese with chopped strawberries, kiwi and blueberries! AMAZING! Some people topped it with whipped cream. I didn't feel the need to add extra calories.
  • SLambertAlaska
    SLambertAlaska Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    One possibility: Make or buy something that you DON'T like - then you won't be tempted to eat it at the event. (Personally, I would make banana cream pie - uugghh - )
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Watergate salad- Easy, yummy and you can make it low fat

1 container Free Cool Whip
    1 package pistachio pudding (sugar free)
    1/4 cup chopped walnuts
    Small can (6 oz. I think) Crushed Pineapple
    1 cup tiny marshmallows
    Mix and chill

The strawberries and cool whip is also a great idea~!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    get some bananas & strawberries, slice them up, put them into little dixie cups, and drizzle with some sweetened condensed milk. Only 100 cals and YUMMO!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I second the angel food cake strawberry shortcake.

Also, I have no idea what this is called, but my family makes it often. Cut angel food cake into small squares and submerge the cake in a pan of fat free sugar free chocolate pudding and chill overnight. The pudding soaks into the cake and it is the yummiest!
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options

:noway:
    I think I may be way too excited about this!!
    :tongue:

I don't think you are!! OMG that sounds so good!:tongue:
  • springgrl
    springgrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I made the caramel apple salad and it went great.
  • marisa0918
    marisa0918 Posts: 178
    Options
    Just wanted to add that I have been making the caramel apple dessert for a while now and it taste soo much better if you add a cup of unsalted peanuts ;)
  • erica9699
    erica9699 Posts: 53
    Options
    bump...i'd like to try some of these. thanks!!
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Bump for later .... it all sounds great!!