A reminder of how much I've changed

Options
I wasn't going to bother posting a success story but I've just been looking at my stats since I joined here and started dieting/working out 18 months ago and am pretty pleased. I'm also surprised it was only 18 months ago that I was fat and unfit. It seems like such a long time ago! It has also made me realise taht I'm not "stuck" and actually don't have far to go before hitting my goal weight.

I should mention that I took 4 months off from here because of a serious back injury, without which I'm sure I'd have hit my goal weight by now. I actually put on about 5lbs during that time (I was always aware of what was happening and never used it as an excuse to put on weight, but I was very disappointed to loose my fitness/muscle tone due to inactivity). I should have stuck with mfp to keep my calories in check during that time I guess. Lesson learned.

Anyway seeing these stats it suddenly makes it all real:

I've lost 35lbs in weight.

My BMI has dropped from 28 to 23 taking me from overweight to healthy weight

My bodyfat % has gone from 25.2% to 22.1%.
This I am a bit disappointed with as I hoped for more, and I still want it to drop lower. My taget was a reduction of 10% and I'm working hard towards that now.

Muscle has increased from 40.8% to 43.8%. I don't lift big, just bodyweight stuff mostly, shows you can gain muscle in a deficit and without lifting big though :wink:

I have saved the best, and most surprising bit, until last though...

My waist has dropped 7". Yes SEVEN INCHES! I don't remember it ever been that big!

Anyway, my point is, I thought I was "stuck" and not loosing weight (which I was for a few months). But looking at the long-term picture for the first time since I started, it's hit home that actually I'm not "stuck" and have come a long way. I'm pretty pleased actually, and this has given me a fresh spurt to kick the last 5kgs and another 5% body fat off before easter :)

So if you are a bit stuck, just go back and have a look at your "starting" stats and compare them to today. You may be doing better than you think!

Replies

• musikalmami237
    musikalmami237 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    awesome job! congrats!
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    this is awesome!!
  • alevett
    alevett Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    good job - we get comfortable in the changes we make and then forget what we used to be like.:happy:
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    great work congrats
  • donkeypoop
    donkeypoop Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    yay!!! Keep up the good work!
  • tutti777
    Options
    Great job...Keep up the good work. You have every reason to toot your horn! Thanks for sharing your story...:smile:
  • martinh78
    martinh78 Posts: 601
    Options
    Thanks all :smile:
    we get comfortable in the changes we make and then forget what we used to be like

That's why I posted this I guess, maybe everyone else checks more often than I do, I don't know! But think it's worth lookink at just the starting and today stats as it looks much better than those little monthly or weekly changes.

I'm also happier, sleeping better, fitter, less stressed, less irritable, don't have stomach acid or bad stools or smelly bottom burps etc etc. Then again that might be because I became single 18 months ago as well :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!