Headphones

Options
Wasn't sure where else to post this question. I'm looking for recommendations on headphones or ear buds (not sure what to call them). I have trouble with them always falling out while I'm walking or running (really bad when I'm running!). My husband got me a new pair for Christmas, JVC ones, and they are falling out too! The last pair I had came with 3 different sizes of the rubber parts (don't know what they are called) and the smallest ones were falling out. Very frustrating when you're trying to workout! Am I the only one with this problem? Would love to find a pair that actually fit properly.

Replies

• jvkh127
    jvkh127 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have seen pairs that have little hooks on them that go around your ear to hold them on. Search on Amazon or something for it. I am sure you can find something. I sometimes have this problem but usually from them catching on my hands as I run. Good luck!
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I think I've been through 5 pairs of earbuds in the past year and not one of them stays in. Makes me crazy! So I went back to old school over-the-ear headphones, keeps strangers from chatting me up when I'm walking in the sketchy area around my office anyway! I really wish I could find a good pair with a mic though for talking on the phone while I walk/do chores....
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I hear good things about Yurbuds Inspire Duo. They have a twist/lock in the ear. A thought!
  • hollywoodguy99
    hollywoodguy99 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue.

I bought these Sony's for $8.50, I have been using them for 4 months with no problems, and for that price I am not worried about breaking or losing them.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-J10-Headphones-Non-Slip-Design/dp/B000092YR6/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1357691346&sr=8-12&keywords=sony+headphone
  • castillope
    castillope Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yup, I had the same problem. I ended up going with an old school pair that go over my head.
  • Bocch
    Bocch Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    earbuds and headphones are really not recommended when you are running or cycling outdoors. everybody needs to be aware of their surroundings. You need to know about a car coming or a dog that is going to bite you and who knows what else.
    If you absolutely need music to motivate, play music softly and or keep only 1 ear covered. Be safe not sorry!
  • dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the suggestions! I'm going to check out the links posted. :) I was actually considering going 'old school' like some of you mentioned. lol I will be so happy when I finally find a pair that stay in!
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I love the Skullcandy ear buds. They stay in my ear (come with 2 sizes of insertthingymajiggys) and have great sound!
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I used my first pair of Skullcandy ear buds for 18 months. They didn't break or wear out, they just got a little dingy looking. I can count on one hand the number of times they came out of my ears while working out. I just got a new pair of Skullcandy ear buds for Christmas and they are even better.

One thing I find helps, is to wear my phone in an armband and run the cord of my headphones under my bra/tank strap on that side, then behind my neck and pull them over the other shoulder before putting them in my ears. Does that make sense? That way there is very little pulling or tugging on them.

Edited to add: use the bigger foam piece instead of the smaller one. It may stay in better.
  • xF7x
    xF7x Posts: 143
    Options
    I use a pair like this but in black. This color seems to be a good fit for a woman. They are bluetooth. I enjoy mines so much. Have had them for a few years without a problem.

There is a good deal right now in amazon for these in particular. about $30.00

L224-1008-main-jh.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=lubix+headphones&rh=i:aps,k:lubix+headphones

Lubix Stereo Bluetooth Headset (UBHS-NC1-B) by Lubix
  • dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I used my first pair of Skullcandy ear buds for 18 months. They didn't break or wear out, they just got a little dingy looking. I can count on one hand the number of times they came out of my ears while working out. I just got a new pair of Skullcandy ear buds for Christmas and they are even better.

One thing I find helps, is to wear my phone in an armband and run the cord of my headphones under my bra/tank strap on that side, then behind my neck and pull them over the other shoulder before putting them in my ears. Does that make sense? That way there is very little pulling or tugging on them.

Edited to add: use the bigger foam piece instead of the smaller one. It may stay in better.

That's a great idea for keeping them from pulling. Thank you! :) I have that problem too.
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Did you try the larger rubber covers? I'd think they'd fall out from being too small rather than too large. I've always found the over the ear ones painful.

My problem with headphones is they give me horribly itchy ears. Oddly, the ones with the rubber covers are better than others for this. I've also started sanitizing the rubber before inserting them.