post workout food

Options
2»

Replies

• RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    apples, bananas, almonds, walnuts, homemade whole wheat muffins are my usual go-to. Filling in a healthy way and not hardhitting on calories (ok the nuts are, but they are good for you.)

Oh Fig bars too.
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/fig-and-walnut-energy-bars-recipe/index.html

You can tweak this to add craisins, mini choc chips, or whatever youd like to make it more tantalizing.
  • reporter31
    Options
    a Vi-shake after a workout within 30 minutes is great, packed with great quality tri-sorb protein so your body absorbs all the nutrients and you get lean muscle.
  • reporter31
    Options
    I just bought coconut milk to put in my vi-shakes --- I'm trying to find the coconut almond milk. Heard it's great
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I work out in the morning, so no breakfast but I drink water to hydrate before hand.
    Then I eat a cereal bar in between my step and pump class.
    Afterwards it's home for lunch:
    -PB&J
    -fruit
    -skim milk
    -little something sweet to stave off the craving
  • MrsHilgert
    MrsHilgert Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i usually feel like eating everything i can find. but i try not to. protein shake or green monsters are good. some kind of complex carb is also good.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Green/leafy veg
    Protein
    Healthy fats
    Complex carb (if you want)

Simple!
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Chicken rice and some simple carbs, muffins, brownies etc, and a shake and banana
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    Sushi. Just 2 or 3 pieces of salmon nigiri from the sushi bar by my gym.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    like others have said, anything with protein. i too do cottage cheese, greek yogurt, or a protein shake
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pbright2880
    pbright2880 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I hear protein is good so I sometimes eat a tablespoon of peanut butter or a cup of milk... and if my kids haven't eaten them all on rare occasions string cheese or yogurt... :) and always I drink a full water bottle.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I drink a protein smoothie with some fruit - something quick and simple.
  • Nmthor
    Nmthor Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I eat pita bread with a dollop of hummus and fresh baby spinach. I heard that protein is good after a workout to heal muscles.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Cheese, PB&J, hard boiled egg - that sort of thing.
  • Ginn123
    Ginn123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I always exercise in the morning and right after I drink some milk. Then about an hour later I have my actual breakfast. I am looking into a blender though so that I can make protein shakes.

You can do that or just purchase a blender bottle which is a lot cheaper and Raw Meal which both can be found on amazon.
  • jdooks
    jdooks Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    A piece of chocolate and a protein shake, then I make and eat my dinner.
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    After morning run (50 mins):
    Full breakfast, egg, wholemeal bread, mushrooms cooked in salted butter and a cup of tea

After walking to work (45 mins)
    Cup of coffee and a piece of fruit

After lunchtime walk (30 mins)
    Full lunch - Soup and wholemeal bread or Veggie sandwich on brown bread

After walking home (45 mins)
    Full healthy dinner - tonight it was fine noodles, tuna, spring greens and cheddar sprinkled on top

After yoga (90 mins once a week)
    Whatever the he11 I want as it's my cheat night (usually 3/4s of a light pizza and half a bottle of wine)

Damm.... I've just realised that if I didn't exercise so much, I wouldn't eat at all :)