First day

Options
Today is my first day, and its already 7 pm and I am hungry! I don't eat breakfast, I usually wake around 12 noon so I start my day off with lunch. I only have 200 something calories remaining after dinner so even if I did eat breakfast I don't think I would have enough calories for breakfast and a snack. Any tips? I am really going to stick this thing out, but I am use to eating what I want when I want. So any tips on how to go from that to restricting calories?

Replies

• Berlygirl10
    Options
    i looked at your diary.. dont skip meals :) i was starving my first day and 2nd.. i worked out more so i could eat more and a few days i just ate more and went over. Dont starve yourself that is the worst thing you can do. Maybe find some snacks that are low calories that could fill you up? A hardboiled egg is about 70 calories, grape tomatoes, cucumbers....
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    What is your height, weight and age? How did you figure out that you should be eating 1200 calories?
  • mikelindo
    mikelindo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have just a few of pieces of advice.

1. Spread your meals out over the course of a day if possible. Make sure that you don't go more than 3 or 4hrs without eating something. If you eat most of your allotted calories at 5pm, of course you'll be hungry by 7pm.
    2. Eat fresh veggies as filler food. Eating a sliced cucumber with red wine vinegar is great because not only does it amount to almost nill calories, but the vinegar seems to be quite the appetizer suppressor. Add a bit of salt if you want.
    3. Realize that feeling a little hungry isn't always a terrible thing. If you drink the recommended amount of water during the day (I'd suggest 3 liters), you'll feel those urges to eat a lot less.

Good luck with your goals!
  • firststepper
    Options
    My breakfast was two eggs and some artichoke dip (I made it like an omelette). It was only 240 - with a cutie orange!! You should always eat breakfast!!!!!:drinker:
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary and UP THOSE CALORIES! If a restrictive plan is too hard to stick with, you won't! And even if you do stick it out and lose the weight, you will gain it right back when you go back to "normal". On non-workout days, to maintain, I eat 1700-1800 calories. I'm 40, 5'7" and 135lbs. I would go up to at least 1400 calories and see how that goes fora few weeks.

And skipping meals is a recipe for DISASTER. You have to eat SOMETHING for breakfast! I'm gonna PM you now ;)
  • Gagirl0910
    Gagirl0910 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the words of advice!! I am 31 years old 5 foot 3, 180lbs. 1200 is what the site came up for me to be eating to lose weight.