up all night munchies need help

My sleep pattern is pretty messy. I slept all day (waking up every now and the to eat) bit it most likely means I won't be able to sleep tonight... usually when I'm up all night I get hungry. What should I do? force myself to be hungry or just keep healthy snacks around?

Replies

• I would say keep healthy snacks around.. i went to the store bought a bunch of good foods.. on top of that i also portioned stuff out as appropriate. I have no idea what your intake is like or what you have been eating but don't starve yourself. My favorite snack is sesame rich crackers with a wedge of skinny cow cheese.. 15 crackers and cheese = 165 calories :)
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    i never let myself feel hungry. i always have a big bowl of healthy stuff to snack on, mostly vegitables sauted with a little seasoning. i just eat them cold straight out of the refridgerator. sometimes i'll snack on something high protein but only if i've fit it into my diary. and i drink a lot of water at night.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    It seems that you need to break this cycle. I don't get up from time to time to eat when I'm sleeping at night and find it hard to understand why you would get up from time to time to eat while sleeping during the day. Eat during your waking hours, whatever they may be.

It looks like you've already blown through your calories today.
  • It seems that you need to break this cycle. I don't get up from time to time to eat when I'm sleeping at night and find it hard to understand why you would get up from time to time to eat while sleeping during the day. Eat during your waking hours, whatever they may be.

It looks like you've already blown through your calories today.
    it's just for today since I pulled an all nighter drawing the previous night. so hey If I'm gonna get munchies do it healthy ;)
  • Stephen_L
    Stephen_L Posts: 7 Member
    Make yourself tired during the day, fully utilise the daytime and sleep at night. That's the normal cycle that everyone should adhere to.

How to make yourself tired? Exercise. How to stop night munchie? Sleep well. How to sleep well? Sleep at night not during daytime.