Philly cheesesteak!

Options
2»

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    As a Philadelphian, I find this recipe highly offensive.

That goes double for me! You can call that what you want but a philly cheesesteak it's not.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

That goes double for me! You can call that what you want but a philly cheesesteak it's not.

Clearly this was created by someone who has never set toe one in the state of Pennsylvania...let alone the city of Philadelphia. This recipe is a travesty.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

Clearly this was created by someone who has never set toe one in the state of Pennsylvania...let alone the city of Philadelphia. This recipe is a travesty.

Why are you guys attacking the OP, while I've never had a philly cheesesteak, this looks like DA BOMB
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options

Why are you guys attacking the OP, while I've never had a philly cheesesteak, this looks like DA BOMB

Evidently you've never met anyone from Philly? This is what we do. And also, Amoroso's.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Evidently you've never met anyone from Philly? This is what we do. And also, Amoroso's.

Please go, Carangi's or Sarcone's
  • Touched670
    Touched670 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    can't wait to try this!! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Made these tonight and hubby and I loved them! We cheated and used steak-um instead of deli meat. 2.5 steak-um pieces and a handful of baby bella mushrooms + onions filled both halves nicely. YUM! Thanks for the tip!

Ps, I grew up an hour north of Philly. Ate cheesesteaks my whole life (hello mfp) and I'll be the first to admit no 2 hoagie shops made them the same. As for this version, hats off to the OP! Haters be damned :)
  • cagletb
    cagletb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Baloo
    Baloo Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Thanks for sharing!
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Bump! I don't like cheesesteak, but I'm going to try with different meats and cheeses!
  • minsch
    minsch Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I made these tonight.....wonderful!
  • AnjellaRose_GF_SillyYak
    Options
    2i8x15j.jpg
    iqv43m.jpg

Cook onion and mushrooms in a pan until the onions are starting to turn brown. (1/2 a small onion and about 1/2 cup of mushrooms, I guess you could use more or less to taste)
    Cut 4 slices of deli style roast beef into strips, mine were about 3/4 inch wide.
    Cut a large green pepper in half lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds.
    Line each pepper half with a slice of provolone.
    Add the roast beef to the pan with the onion/mushroom mixture and brown the roast beef.
    Put the meat/veggie mix into each half of the pepper and top each half with a slice of provolone.
    Bake at 350 for 15-20, until the cheese has melted and started to turn brown.

These are so delicious!
    OMG, that looks AMAZING, and as a Celiac, its perfect. Ive got to share this with my other Gluten Free pals, even if they are not trying to lose weight.
  • Megz2006
    Megz2006 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Oh be still my beating heart--these look absolutely fantastic