Question about Power90

Options
cpatt
cpatt Posts: 38 Member
I am doing Power90 and Turbo Jam and accidentally posted my question wrong before. Does anybody know approx. how many calories Sculpt 1-2 and Sculpt 3-4 burn? I don't have my bodybugg yet and want to enter my workout in here.

Thanks,

Replies

• trimom63
    trimom63 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Me again...heh, heh...I've been bugging everyone that says anything about doing P90....
    1. Do you find it effective?
    2. Do you LIKE doing it/does it keep your attention?
    3. In your particular case, would you rather do TS or P90?

Thanks!!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Log it as strength training (under cardio) until your body bug comes in the mail.
  • cpatt
    Options
    Hi Jill,
    I love it! I started with TurboJam (lost 35 lbs and 10" off waist) and then P90x and loved both of them. Then I realized that I needed to lose more weight to continue P90x due to still being 65 lbs overweight and having knee problems (I have had 4 knee surgeries). So, now I am doing doubles with Power90 and TurboJam and having a blast!!! My only delemma is which to do next, P90x or TurboFire. Maybe I will do both. LOL I am a bit of a Beachbody addict!
  • cpatt
    Options
    OK, thanks :)
    Log it as strength training (under cardio) until your body bug comes in the mail.
  • Scoobees
    Scoobees Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I apologize in advance if this is a silly question :embarassed: but could someone tell me what is the difference between Power 90 and P90X? I also have bad knees wondered if I could even do either program. Thanks in advance!
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Power 90 is the original 90-day program designed to help you lose weight and get fit in 90 days.

P90X is Power 90 Extreme, an extreme version of Power 90 to get you in top physical shape in 90 days.

There are modifications for both when it comes to bad knees. But you should invest in a good pair of cross trainers for lower body workouts and pay close attention when they talk about proper form and working around bad knees.
  • Scoobees
    Options
    Thanks for your response! :flowerforyou:
    I've always wanted to try P90X, but that plyo dvd is out of the question, but I did hear there's a substitution for that. I guess I just want to try something new right now; I've done a round of Slim Series (love it!) and am pretty fit cardio-wise, but not so strong on the weights. I'm guessing that Power 90 may be more appropriate for me right now.
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Thanks for your response! :flowerforyou:
    I've always wanted to try P90X, but that plyo dvd is out of the question...

The girl in plyo modifies all the moves for "bad knees" throughout the entire video.

The weights shouldn't be much of an issue, it's just a matter of using lighter ones until you get stronger. The big challenges are the pushups and pullups, though manageable if you're determined ... I was really unfit when I did my first round last year but I used bands for pullups and modified when I had to.

Power 90 is a good program. But after having done the Slim series, I'm thinking you might be too advanced for most of it ... There is a Power 90 Master series with more difficult workouts. You might want to look at that if you really don't want to try P90X yet.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Im on week 10 of Power 90. Im loving it. Lost 40 pounds. I can see lots of definition in my arms and shoulders. I still have 30 to go. Planning on doing P90x when I am done.
  • Scoobees
    Options
    You've really got me thinking now; I really thought P90X was totally out of the question, but if there are mods for those of us with bad knees, I might want to give it a try! Through most of Slim & 6, and then Slim Series my knees weren't much of an issue until the end - which really surprised me due to all those squats & lunges :grumble: . I only lasted a week with Chalean Extreme. Real heavy weights with squats/lunges are a huge no-no for me. Gosh...decisions, decisions! :tongue:

Again, thanks for all your help!!
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    I can't remember any squats or lunges done with heavy weights .. there are a few lunges and squats in Legs & Back and Core Synergistics but he recommends lighter weights because you're doing more reps.

For plyo, it's basically the same types of moves only your feet wont leave the ground; you turn the jumps into quick squats. Though you probably can jump once you learn proper form. You're supposed to land "like a cat" (softly and toes first), something that I still struggle with :laugh:.