Lactose Free Meal Replacement Shakes

Options
Toxyc
Toxyc Posts: 36 Member
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew any good lactose free (preferably sugar free as well) meal replacement shakes?

I went and purchased the equate ones from walmart because I was told not to get the slim fast ones since they had sugar in them, and forgot to check if they had lactose or not in them. Now I'm at work and feeling very sick from just a few sips. Also my mouth tastes like butter.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Try eating real food instead of trying to rely on shakes.
  • Toxyc
    Options
    Only reason I'm trying the shakes is because I don't have time in the mornings usually to prepare breakfast.
    I eat real food for lunch and supper, just trying to have something fast for in the morning that is more than just having tea.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You don't have to prepare breakfast. If you can grab a shake you can grab a yogurt and a piece of fruit or any number of other things. I eat after I get to work because I keep everything I need in the frig ready to go.
  • Toxyc
    Options
    Ok, that's nice and all, I can't eat yogurt as it contains lactose, and I occasionally do have fruit, but I'm wanting to try the shakes. Hence why I'm asking around for people who have tried them.

Not to be rude or anything, I'm just determined to try something I haven't already tried yet.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Ok, that's nice and all, I can't eat yogurt as it contains lactose, and I occasionally do have fruit, but I'm wanting to try the shakes. Hence why I'm asking around for people who have tried them.

Not to be rude or anything, I'm just determined to try something I haven't already tried yet.
    North Coast Naturals ISO Whey protein has most of the lactose removed and adds lactase to its mix for the remnants.
    I add that to almond milk.
    Don't know if you can get that brand though.
  • Toxyc
    Options
    Thanks! I'll look in to that around here. Trying not to order anything online due to it being difficult to get my mail around here. Nosy upstairs neighbors and everything going to their door and not mine.
  • Cindy393
    Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking ForU shakes right now, made with unsweetened almond milk, which is lactose/soy free.
  • getmebackforlife
    getmebackforlife Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like totalsoy. I purchased it at Sams but I think GNC carries it as well. Lactose free and glutein free. I would also like to find other options! I can't use anything that has a lot of lactose. So yogurt (which I LOVE) is out of the question :(
  • jdooks
    jdooks Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Get a blender and stock your fridge with various veggies and your freezer with some various frozen berries. Done.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Almond Breeze almond milk, you can get unsweetened and use your favorite protein powder. Dont know about actual premade shakes themselves.

I've also made protein shakes with Walmart's Great Value imitation crystal light drink mix - whatever is your fav flavor, some fresh or frozen fruit and a scoop of protein powder with a handful of fresh spinach.
  • sarzyjane80
    Options
    some of the cambridge diet shakes are lactose free and they are all gluten free.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Meal replacements tend to have carbs (generally sugars) in order to make a 'balanced' meal which is palatable. Protein powders are not designed to replace whole meals, they are supposed to supplement a balanced diet. I agree get a stick blender with a lidded cup/ beaker and some frozen fruit, measuring and blending takes a minute or two, you rinse the blade under the tap and 'take out' your smoothie. Otherwise you are going to struggle to get all the nutrients your body needs and eat all the servings of different food groups. If you are not eating cow's dairy you really need to be having plenty of other calcium sources, most people need to start that at breakfast. Something like soy or lactose free yoghurt works well in a smoothie.
  • sara_b39
    Options
    CalNaturale Svelte makes a really yummy lactose free meal replacement shake! I believe Whole Foods and Sprouts both carry a few. If you are going the make your own in a blender route, So Delicious makes tasty coconut milk yogurt that is entirely lactose free! Another thing that helps me is prepping a "to-go" breakfast so when I'm running late (always) I can grab it and eat in the car.
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Try egg protein or soy protein shakes - no lactose in those. Both are available at Super Walmart where I live and GNC.