No friends, need help and motivation.

Options
Hey everyone. Looking for some friends to keep me motivated on this app. Also looking for some help regarding meals etc,
My partner cooks for us both as he is great in the kitchen, and I burn everything I touch it seems. So he cooks what he likes to eat, how can we eat healthier and not get rid of typical "man" foods? By this I mean mainly meat.
I am self employed and seem to find myself buying lunch every day, what's the best thing to eat for lunch that I can pick up quickly or make easily at home (please remember my cooking skills are non existant)

Anyway! I'm 25, nearly 6ft and weigh in around 13.5 stone and really want to shed extra pounds.

Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated! :)

Replies

• treehugger215
    treehugger215 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love to cook! Hopefully I can share some tips with you! Feel free to add and/or message me!
  • ciarrancory0423
    Options
    Wendy's small Chilli - I think it's less than 300 cals but it might be a bit high in sodium (if you're in a hurry and are looking for something "fast-food").
  • ajnlee25
    ajnlee25 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm not a cook either. Before I had my son, at work I often ate yogurt, cheese sticks, salads, sandwiches, cottage cheese, soup, crackers, fruit....

just a few ideas.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    You can still have the meat, just cut the portions. You dont' have to eat the entire steak he cooks. Cut it in half, and save the other part for a steak salad the next day. Add me if you want! I comment on diaries.
  • FootsoreRambler
    FootsoreRambler Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches are easy to make, and they are usually decent when you buy them too. Soup's another good option when you are buying lunch.
  • stacy6967
    stacy6967 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I semi-started the special k challenge! i bought a variety of cereals and brought 2 boxes to work, along with the special k bar for snacks, healthy choice meals, progressive low sodium soup & greek yogurt.

I brought enough to work to last a week. As long as I have something available it keeps me from going to eat fast food. I also have a jar that i put any money i would have spent on fast food in it. When i lose a few pounds i will reward my self with something new like a new pair of jeans or shoes, etc...

good luck!
  • kittyvonhouse
    Options
    These are all brilliant ideas, thanks so much guys I really appreciate it! Please add me if you can :)
  • devajazz
    Options
    Hi, there!

I am not much of a cook, so I don't know any healthy suggestions in that area. However, if you are looking for a good lunch I usually make myself a turkey sandwich on wheat. It is quick, easy and not too expensive. Or you could try having a small bowl of broccoli or which ever vegetable you prefer (fruit and yogurt works too if you are not a veggie fan).

Good luck with you weight loss! :)
  • jupe1407
    Options
    I swear by the following:

- Quorn Chilli
    - Chicken or Turkey Stir Fries
    - Crackers instead of bread
    - No fast food, crisps or bars of chocolate (god i miss Twix Duos)
    - No fizzy drinks
    - Exercising a lot

ICutting out bread and fizzy drinks makes the biggest difference (for me anyway)