I have to do this now.

Options
Hi everyone! I'm a 4th year medical student. Throughout the course of college and medical school, I have gained 35 pounds. It has been a combination of bad eating habits, no exercise, and stress eating. I keep getting on the scale and saying to myself, "It's only one pound more than before. That's not a big deal." But it is a big deal, and I can't keep treating my body this way.

I'm looking for some supportive people to help me through this journey, and vice-versa. I'm a very picky eater, so I really need to work on that. I'm trying to completely overhaul my eating and exercise habits. My diary is open, and I am open to input (but since I am new, I only have tomorrow's food logged).

I would love to have some new friends here to encourage and help and go through these struggles together.

Replies

• JamesThiel
    JamesThiel Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    you can add me.. I feel your pain of 24 hr , no sleep , bad eating habits, no exercise....... Yes I work in healthcare too....let's not forget..vending Machines....the bane of all of us
  • shepram50
    shepram50 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome to add me if you like.......... Im same boat differenrt profession. love to help ya!
  • DoctorChef
    DoctorChef Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    you can add me.. I feel your pain of 24 hr , no sleep , bad eating habits, no exercise....... Yes I work in healthcare too....let's not forget..vending Machines....the bane of all of us

It's so easy to fall into those habits. Healthcare is more difficult than I realized it would be, and it's just so easy to get a snack out of the vending machine. But I've used those excuses for too long, and I know I have to make some changes.
  • JamesThiel
    JamesThiel Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yes, otherwise it call Hydrochlorthiazide....Lisinopril...etc..etc... and then the list starts to grow.