viSalus

Options
anyone tried ViSalus it is half the price of shakeology?

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    is the question the price or if we have tried it?
  • kezell83
    kezell83 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am currently drinking that since it is cheaper than some of the other ones. But I DO NOT go through a distributor, I get mine from Amazon. Way cheaper through them.

But I actually really like the flavor of them. A friend of mine sells it (like i said i get mine from amazon) and he gave me some recipes to try and they are really good. The only thing is I find that I still get hungry if I use as a meal replacement. I am now using them as a inbetween meal snack and after workout.

I dont know if that helps or not.
  • valerie58
    valerie58 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    thank you! I would buy it on amazon also
  • dmeyrich89
    Options
    I just started using this and would love to see or talk to people that have had success with it :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I just started using this and would love to see or talk to people that have had success with it :)

Probably would have been a good idea to check out it's success before using it. Just makes sense.
  • macmac1212
    macmac1212 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'm crazy or not yet, but I'm trying to do the Visalus 90 day challenge (unofficially) alongside the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution workout, which is also 90 days. They apparently recommend two shakes a day in place of two meals, so I do a shake for breakfast and dinner, and then eat what I want when I do lunch (my coworkers and I usually order out). So far so good, I've added 2 tablespoons of jello sugar free/fat free banana cream pudding mix sometimes, and it gives great flavor for only 50 calories! When I do that with 8 oz of Silk almond milk, it's only like 85 calories plus the 90 calories for the scoops of Visalus for a shake. I'm trying to up my water intake significantly, and that's helped with hunger, but I've gotten some sugar cravings here and there...I carry an apple around with me in case I get a really bad sugar craving, that way I can have something sweet without resorting to candy--although it's not the same. :)

I buy mine on Amazon too, I like that it ships in an Amazon box instead of something that has weight loss or Body by Vi all over it, plus I don't really want to work with spokespeople or the marketing plan they have in place to recruit more and more people. I'm only a few days in, but once I finish everything, I'm going to make my blog I'm keeping public with weights, measurements, and my experience with the shakes and JMBR. :)

Hope this helps!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • KalaMakaKoa
    KalaMakaKoa Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am a Shakeology drinker. I will not under any circumstances drink ViSalus because of the aspartame in it. It's pretty nasty stuff health wise.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I am a Shakeology drinker. I will not under any circumstances drink ViSalus because of the aspartame in it. It's pretty nasty stuff health wise.

Plus, cult-jumping is frowned upon in cult circles.
  • garciabnm
    garciabnm Posts: 138
    Options
    have been drinking visalus since june..curently down 135lbs...along side with plenty of exercise. i really love the taste, and the many many recipies online are really great.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Visalus will cause weight loss (if combined with good diet and exercise).

Do you know what else will cause weight loss if combined with good diet and exercise? ANYTHING!

Can I sell you an over-hyped bar of Miracle Chocolate? It looks and tastes exactly like cadbury chocolate, but it has a special miracle ingredient. If used in conjunction with a calorie controlled diet and regular exercise, this miracle chocolate will make you lose weight!!!! I know, amazing huh!

Please dont buy in to the hype, concentrate on fixing up your diet, and if needed get a decent protein powder as a supplement (or occasional meal replacement if absolutely needed).

btw, the chocolate is for sale, only $29.99 for a whole months supply! PM me if interested.

Sincerely

Ray
    (Certified RockChoc tm Coach)
  • garciabnm
    garciabnm Posts: 138
    Options
    Oh dont get me wrong Rayman, you are absolutely right. There is no such thing as a miracle shake, however,It has proven to help me modify my eating habbits. First part of being over weight, is over eating, and not being able to portion yourself without self control.
    Drinking the shakes as a meal replacement has helped me. Now what worked for me, may not work for others, do whatever you need to do to make your lifestyle work ..but dont judge those that maybe need a boost or a "placebo" to get get motivated, even if it is in a shake.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

:)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

LOL. Shakeology dissing Visalus. Irony at its best.