Too much working out????

Options
I have a question. I am NOT an athlete but have been trying to work out more since I decided that 8 yrs is long enough to carry baby weight from my twins!! haha!!
I have been on the treadmill, going to Curves, and going to Zumba classes. I have had a lot of success but started looking at the ChaLEAN DVDs a friend loaned me. I did the first workout (Burn 1) last night and loved it! I was talking to frineds about it at work today (while telling them why my shoulders were a bit sore!!) and they all think that doing both Curves and ChaLEAN is too much for my muscles.
For those who don't know, this is what Curves is: (from their web site) Curves works because it gives you a complete cardio and strength-training workout in just 30 minutes, where you can burn up to 500 calories every time. The circuit is made up of resistance machines that work every major muscle group, two muscles at a time.

SO - what are your thoughts? Would it be too much??

Replies

• kas1021
    kas1021 Posts: 92
    Options
    only you can say whats "too much" for you. If youre hurting the next day you could probably cut back a little. The problem I had was when i hit a plateau I stepped up my workouts and didnt lose anything! that is until I took a day or two off from the gym and I dropped 5 lbs this week. you have to give your body time to rest.
  • alisaperry74
    Options
    Really, only you can decide what is too much. If you are able to complete both, then it sounds like you can handle it just fine. Some soreness at the beginning of any training program is to be expected...I imagine it will subside after a few days or a week. As long as you are fueling your workouts with enough healthy food, then you should be just fine. I really don't think that one and a half to two hours of working out per day is too much.
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Told by a professional that if you use weights or resistance strength training to do them every other day to recover.:flowerforyou:
  • jenbleyes
    jenbleyes Posts: 10
    Options
    I am a personal trainer. The recommendation is 30 minutes of cardio 5 days a week. Strength training 3 days a week. You could however do more strength training as long as you aren't working the same muscle groups on back to back days. Sounds like you are doing good to me!