I need accountability even if it's online

Options
Hello! My name is Tina and I joined MFP back last fall but didn't really check out the whole thing. Now, my daughter has told me more about it and encouraged me to give it a chance so here goes. I am middle-aged and have a lot of weight to lose. Ideally I would love to lose 120 lbs. but I'm going to just take baby steps and hope for the best. I KNOW I can do this as I have in the past but then life changed for me and I became a couch potato again. Then I started a new job and found it was much easier to go through the fast food drive through than to take the extra 10 mins. in the morning to make a healthy lunch. (Way more expensive to go fast food too of course)
Now I am sick and tired of being sick and tired as the saying goes. My son is getting married in April and I want to be able to dance the mother/son dance with him without getting short of breath and sweaty. Plus, I want to be able to bend over and tie my shoes with ease again.
I am asking for help from all of you because I need encouragement, accountability, and understanding. I will be happy to offer all those things to you in return also. I think this should be a team effort :) Thanks in advance and happy shedding everyone!

Replies

• gerrielips
    gerrielips Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    All the best to you in your quest...little steps each day will add up to a lot and you have a very important event to look forward to in April...even a slow loss of a pound a week will help you shed at least 15 pounds...isn't that a dress size???
  • juicenewton1
    juicenewton1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can do it, we're with you. I'm getting older too and it's harder to lose weight, but also that much more important. My children are off to college (I hope) in a couple of years and I find that i have a little more time, so I'm trying to take better care of myself. We would do almost anything for our kids but it is somehow harder to do something for ourselves. Being healthy is your gift to you. What do you want to wear to your son's wedding?
  • irjeffb
    irjeffb Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'll try to be encouraging and supportive. :)
  • cynbrennan
    Options
    Encouragement, understanding and accountability.....I agree with that exactly......I need the same I think, we just have to take one day at a time. I should lose almost 100 lbs...but as of now I am aiming for 50....and I know I need to stop looking for that result tomorrow...but if everyday I get through tracking my food and trying to do something active...hope it will just happen. I wish you the best and you have started down the right road!