Losing Weight to Enlist!

Options
Hey everyone... I re-joined MFP in December, with the hopes of looking awesome in the next year. Now, I still wanna look awesome, but I also want to join the military. Enlisting would really help me to get control of my life, and provide me with what I need to make my life different from how it is now. Part of this control and personal responsibility includes my weight. I'm 5'5", and after losing 10lbs this past month, I now weigh 206. Needless to say, this isn't enough, and I have a long way to go. I'm on a 1200-calorie diet, am exercising at least 3 times a week, and plan to start adding running to my workout when I lose a little more weight. Any like-minded people wanna be friends? I'm finding it to get a little stressful because I want to keep losing weight, but I don't want to get discouraged...

Replies

• fat2fit1991
    Options
    I am also losing weight to enlist. I have recently lost 88 pounds this past year and have about 70 more I would love to be friends!
  • ConnieRoxx
    Options
    Awesome!
  • mstissa02
    mstissa02 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am also losing weight to join in the future. Would love to be pals. Finally in ONEderland on my scale, but I know I have more pounds to lose to be in the safe zone.
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your willingness to serve!

Here's something that might help:
    http://www.stewsmithptclub.com/45dayplan.pdf
  • ConnieRoxx
    Options
    We can totally be pals! Sending a request... lol
  • ConnieRoxx
    Options
    @cordianet, thanks... this is very helpful!
  • sunnyj81
    sunnyj81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I recently got out of the service, and commend you for wanting to enlist. Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • kerriotto
    Options
    I have also served in the Army. I applaud your efforts to work towards enlisting. Best of luck!
  • ConnieRoxx
    Options
    Thanks guys! :-)
  • florescrystal35
    Options
    Would love to be friends:) I am in the same boat:). I'm glad to find people that have the same goal as me, it's very encouraging and helps me stay on the right path. We can do anything we set or mind to:), let's do it together:)
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I too am on the path to becoming a Reserve Citizen-Soldier (or Sailor) of our fair republic. Godspeed to you all.
  • PRIMO6
    PRIMO6 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been serving for 16 years Active Duty! Great on you! What branch are you trying to enlist in? Keep doing it! I remember I los 60lbs 6 months before I went to basic. Serving my country has been the most rewarding thing ever!
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Considering my age, Army or Navy. Leaning Army Reserves (and/or National Guard), more at the moment. I like rifles and the martial arts, Army has both... Navy... Navy... uhhh Navy? Hello? Nothing? *sigh* Okay, I'll check back then in a bit.
  • xxtaliaxx
    xxtaliaxx Posts: 123
    Options
    I am currently enlisted in the Navy and I kind of had the same problem when I joined. If you have any questions/comments/concerns feel free to add me :)