Still hungry, and how many calories for weight lifting?

Options
I am finding it hard to stay in my calorie goals on days when I exercise. I always add in the extra calories for the exercise, but find I am still hungry once I reach my goals. I am also nursing a baby, so I let myself go over. I don't add any calories for this, but I am usually over by 200-300 calories a day or more. As of now, my base calories for the day are 1500. I try to stay near the goal, but am not obsessive if I go over.

Also, how many calories do you add for weight lifting? I ususally do about 1/2 hour total on various machines, when I lift. I know it burns some calories but not sure how many. I am doing three sets on each machine, lifting about 60 pounds on each one. I would like to be albe to put the calories burned down. If anyone knows, I would appreciate input. Thanks!

Replies

• suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Not sure, but I would think 1500 calories isn't that much for a woman nursing a baby.
  • mom2cadence
    Options
    You are nursing 1500 isn't that much for you I would maybe increase it a little.

**Breastfeeding burns an average of 500 calories a day with the typical range to be from 200 to 600 calories burned a day. It's estimated that the production of one ounce of breast milk burns 20 calories. Babies who are exclusively breastfed consume an average of 25 ounces of breast milk a day, meaning that moms burn 500 calories a day. The normal range of breast milk taken in by one to six month-old babies is 19 to 32 ounces a day. The amount varies after six months depending on how much solid food the baby eats.

As for my weights...I don't track calories on them. I only track the calories I burn from cardio.

Good luck!!
  • jenbleyes
    jenbleyes Posts: 10
    Options
    If you do a search under cardio for "strength training" you'll find how many calories burned (aprx of course). Just enter how many minutes you did. It's still good to log all your strength training separately under "strength training" so you have a record of exactly what you did.
    As for the hunger, if you continue to make the best low calorie/healthy food choices you should be able to eat plenty of food and feel satisfied. Increase your fiber and protien intake...that should help you feel fuller, longer.
  • nleosh
    nleosh Posts: 8
    Options
    Weight lifting / training is in the exercise diary. Just enter strength training and the amount of time that you spend doing the lifting.
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    Options
    Not sure, but I would think 1500 calories isn't that much for a woman nursing a baby.

Yah, that doesn't sound like much to me either....