What do you do for exercise?

Options
hey everyone, just curious as to what your gym or exercise routine is. What works for you as far as losing weight and getting toned?

my routine (6-7 days a week):
30 minutes of lifting/weight machines (arms, legs)
ab exercises
60-70 minutes of cardio

i'm trying to lose weight and get toned so please let me know if you have any advice! :)

answer this one too if you can, only two people gave input and i need help! thanks! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/844115-how-many-carbs-to-eat-day-to-lose-weight

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Lift every day, light cardio like walking or biking maybe once a week or less.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    I swim, walk, and do Couch to 5K (the latter is a slow, slow process -- I've been doing it since September, with a couple of extended breaks, and I'm only on week 5). I've been able to trim 1/2 inch each off my biceps, thighs, and calves, so it works for me. Likewise, I've only dropped four pounds since starting this process, but I've gone down a dress size.
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I lift Tues, Thur, and Saturday.
    I run/walk for 3 miles (alternating 1/4 mile walking, 1/4 mile running) on Mon, Wed, and Fri.

I rest on Sunday.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Mon: 20 mins swimming laps
    Tue/Thu: 20 mins bike, upper body weights, 30 mins treadmill
    Wed/Fri and usually one weekend day: 10 mins bike, lower body weights, 30 mins treadmill, 20 mins swimming

Sometimes I decide not to go to the gym/pool and exercise at home on my Wii.
  • NikiDeaf
    NikiDeaf Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    When I first joined the gym, I had the same routine all the time: make the rounds of the weight machines, then do 30-40 minutes of cardio. Blah. No wonder my weight loss stalled. Then I started going to the classes the gym offered and now I shed a pound seemingly every time I step on the scale! I take Zumba, Total Body Conditioning (a weightlifting class) Spinning, Yoga, Pilates, Abdominals, and something called UXF Burn that is super hard and claims to burn 400-600 calories in 1 class. It's fun and exciting and varied and I just love it!
  • ylbrown777
    Options
    I walk my dog or he walks me! :)
  • ylbrown777
    Options
    I walk my dog or he walks me! :):smile:
  • charliesmommy89
    Options
    I am currently doing INSANITY. I have to say that I love it!! There are no weights, but it is resistance training, plyometrics, cardio, and yoga. It's a great workout. It comes with a meal plan. I've been following it, but the only down side is that I'm hungry alot. and I'm a bit sore.
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Another walker here. The dog and I do 3 to 5 miles about 4 times a week. Sometimes I ride my bike (but the looks I get from the dog make me feel so guilty I don't do it too often).

Due to a bad back and neck, and a questionable knee, walking is best for me.
  • indians1975
    indians1975 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My typical routine is Cross fit on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I run (3-5 miles) or spin (45 minutes) on Tuesday and Saturday. Thursday and Sunday are my recovery days.
  • TamikaJones135
    TamikaJones135 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I like to keep a variety but I am a big on workout DVDs. I have a library that includes Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, ChaLean Extreme, Zumba Fitness and about 4 of Jillian Michael DVDs. I like to do cardio and weights because cardio alone will only burn fat and not build muscle. Good luck to you in your workouts.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    So far I have been doing something everyday.

Cardio every day. I take a break once a week.-elliptical

Working out 5-6 times a week this is usually a free weights.
  • LetsMakeupXtina
    LetsMakeupXtina Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I suck at working out.. I cant do the treadmill or elliptical for an hour, it is such a bore!!! So usually what I have been doing is running up and down my stairs at home 50+ times... then I do at least 200 jumping jacks and I jump rope... my favorite is I will blast some good music and just dance my *kitten* off for literally an hour lol... I have a huge walk in closet.. its like a room on its own! and I have a ton of full length mirrors in it so I will just close myself in there and dance dance dance ;)

I also use my yoga ball for exercises... lots of squats and lunges, and I use weights. and I walk my dogs every day... but they are little and cant really hand for miles and miles :)

everything I do is at home, and its not the elliptical or treadmill, but I most definitely feel it all working!
  • shellfly
    shellfly Posts: 186
    Options
    4-6 days a week doing Leslie's Sansone's Walk at Home DVDs. I boost throughout so really get quite a workout.
  • Larrybrown01
    Options
    Hi,
    Nice to see your post.
    Exercise is best way for weight loss and also keeps your health fit.
    Morning is best exercise for health. Do at least 1 hr exercise daily.
    Cardio exercise like walking, swimming are best exercises which keeps you fit and stay healthy.
    Thanks.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I have a big stack of videos to choose from. My dog insists on a 2.5 mile run with my bike at least three times a week, and at least two days i do ten miles of cycling in sixty minutes, takes that long on a one speed. Ome day arms only, one day pilates for weight loss. If i want a change and as i get in better shape, or if its raining, i have low impact srep aerobics, cardio sculpt, tae bo, etc to choose from. My plan is to exercise formally five days a week, rest two, the rest days ar edays i am active at work.
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    Well, honestly, I fell off the exercise wagon when the cold weather rolled around, although I'm trying to get back into it. Ideally, I do:

-Upper body weight training every other day for 20-30 minutes
    -Anaerobic/aerobic high-resistance cycling for lower body for ~1 hour three-to-five times a week
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I weight train with dumbbells 3 days a week (1 day lower body, 2 day upper body split, about 30-40 mins per session)

Then I shoot for 2-3 days of cardio as well. I tend to do spinning (50-60 mins), walking (35-60 mins) or HIIT running (~25 mins), but I plan to get back into Zumba and Hip Hop aerobics when my schedule evens out a bit. If all else fails, I'll do a cable On-Demand video at home just to get a little something in, even if I only have time for 15 mins of it.
  • MissPeppers
    MissPeppers Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Strength training with kettlebells 3-4 days per week, 45mins to an hour. I switch up with higher weight lower reps/lower weight higher reps and higher speed about every other workout.

I have plans to incorporate some bodyweight exercise too - getting a pullup bar to use for chin/pull ups, dips and leg raises.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Martial arts twice a week. Walking a ton on weekends.