Need Motivation

Options
I'm 61, just joined MFP today, and need motivation! I KNOW I need to do this, I've lost weight before on Jenny Craig, but I live in a rainy climate and it's hard to get outside, which is my preference. Anyone else out there have motivation issues? Please say yes...

Replies

• MallorieGreiner
    MallorieGreiner Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Some days I just don't feel like working out, so I hear you. Losing weight is 80% healthy eating habits though, keep that in mind. Try to squeeze in that 30 minutes of exercise, even if it's just going for a nice walk in the rain. =)
  • kokalvt
    kokalvt Posts: 143
    Options
    Unmotivated queen right here! I have no problem saying 'screw it' to working out and going home and having a drink after a long 8-10 hour day! Motivation is key and more than likely, you need friends to help you with that! I've only been here 2 weeks and without anyone saying anything I'm already more motivated by all of the status updates and looking at the success story pages! This is a journey, not a sprint!
  • lbradbury51
    Options
    Thanks, ladies. I appreciate the feedback. I'll keep on...
  • angiereeves33
    Options
    I love what was said - it's a journey. It's a lifestyle!
    Keep plugging away! Reach out for support!
  • forevermarin
    forevermarin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love to dance but at my size I do not last long. I always hear how you should get upbeat music to help you. I tried that but no go. I did gather songs from other family members and friends to find songs that make me want to dance or remind me of some great memories. I find that helps better then someone else's preferred song list. I have a WIDE mix not by type but by actual song. This way I get to change it up from country to 70' to rock to ect. You get the picture. I also started to out music on when cleanign or cooking to keep moving even if for small amounts. I have lost 6 pound so far. Hoping it continues.
  • ummnadir
    Options
    We all have our days. you can do it.