Fit bit Question

Options
Does anyone know why Fitbit calculates daily steps so differently? I cannot figure out why one day with less steps burns more than another day with more. Is it based on intensity of the step or more frequent steps at once?

Replies

• shergros13
    Options
    Does it measure your heart rate? I'm curious to know how it knows you're sleeping!
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    It does measure the speed of your steps. If you walk at 4 MPH it will show more calories burned than if you walk at 2.5 MPH.
  • mommymovingmountains
    Options
    Thank you for the info. I am curious about this since it feels like my calories burned are a bit high but if it all works I'll be thrilled!
  • imaburnin
    Options
    Does it measure your heart rate? I'm curious to know how it knows you're sleeping!

The sleep feature is actually pretty handy. Since it measures movement on more than one axis, you can solve those mysteries of why you feel like crap the next day. It requires wearing it on the wrist you use less, and I feel it's pretty accurate. Usually on days when I feel terrible, the FitBit says I woke up 6 times or more the night before. The FitBit Ultra doesn't measure heart rate, although the newer model might...