gym attire

Options
I must say girls I love yoga pants and boy shorts at the gym but one of these days I'm going to hurt myself looking......but I do thank you for looking so good and working so hard! Which is your preface and why to wear them??

Replies

• Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    This made me LOL...I like to wear the yoga style pants and tight fitting capris!
  • Anna8706
    Anna8706 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I wear as little as I can get away with at the gym for a couple reasons:
    1. I run hot when I am working out and anything more then shorts and a tank top and I feel like I am going to pass out
    2. I like to be able to see the muscle groups I am working, It helps me gauge form and such
    3. I like to feel sexy when I work out (not gonna deny it!), and if I'm gonna look a hot mess by the time I'm done I might as well look hot in the process
  • ridgerunner20
    Options
    Thanks for the great responses, I'm just trying to understand the psychology behind it all.
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    hahahahahaha

haha

you're welcome
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I live in Florida where it was hot today. I did put a tank over my sports bra today, so I took that extra step to not offend the snow birds. But the running capris are a necessity. They don't bunch between my legs when I work out. Honestly, I have to wonder how you guys can be so comfortable in those baggy shorts that gape when you squat. Did you know that when you're doing some moves, if I'm at a bad angle, I can see all the way up? Yup. I can. Thanks for those who wear compression underpants. For the rest of you....:huh:
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Because those are the exercise clothes they make for women. Honestly, the most useful workout clothes in my wardrobe are my high school gym uniform . . .
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I live in Florida where it was hot today. I did put a tank over my sports bra today, so I took that extra step to not offend the snow birds. But the running capris are a necessity. They don't bunch between my legs when I work out. Honestly, I have to wonder how you guys can be so comfortable in those baggy shorts that gape when you squat. Did you know that when you're doing some moves, if I'm at a bad angle, I can see all the way up? Yup. I can. Thanks for those who wear compression underpants. For the rest of you....:huh:

Thank you. I have found my incentive to go to the gym...lmao :D
  • AussieTrainer
    Options
    Long yoga pants because I need the protection on my knees and shins from the weights and the floor; even though they are pretty thin it's better than nothing! I have bruises all over my legs as it is, too, so its nice to cover them up. I wore shorts to the gym ONE TIME... quickly discovered that I may as well have gone in just the underwear...X.x
  • ridgerunner20
    Options
    Long yoga pants because I need the protection on my knees and shins from the weights and the floor; even though they are pretty thin it's better than nothing! I have bruises all over my legs as it is, too, so its nice to cover them up. I wore shorts to the gym ONE TIME... quickly discovered that I may as well have gone in just the underwear...X.x
    Underwear?? Please do! Life would be so much simpler boy shorts are the preferred choice tho!!!haha
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    the psychology behind it is we want you to drool over us. enough said.

anyways, I prefer tight shorts because they dont get in my way. If I havent shaved my legs that day I might wear long yoga pants. I like bright racerbacks that are fitted because again, no sleeves and extra baggyness to get in my way.
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    always tight fitting yoga pants or cropped pants(when running)...then the top depends on my workout...on cardio days i layer up my shirts to sweat more..on weight days its usually a fitted tank...

no matter what anyone says we love it when a guy stares or catches our eye when we are working out..who doesnt want to feel good about the way they look!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Yoga shorts normally for lifting, as someone above said I also run hot when I lift, the tight fit also good because you don't have to worry about anybody seeing up your shorts. Top is a singlet and a sleeveless hoodie. Mostly because it looks cool, I won't lie.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I wear a sports bra and yoga pants - I dont want any distractions from anyone at the gym so I wear something that normal people try to stay away from.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I wear a sports bra and yoga pants - I dont want any distractions from anyone at the gym so I wear something that normal people try to stay away from.

This is why you are my friend