Trying mfp again but don't have many people on it

Options
I am a 29 yo recently married and was in good shape... Until I started a physical therapy doctorate and survived the semester by eating everything in sight to stay awake. New semester brings a new chance to lead a balanced lifestyle while in school. We learn motion is lotion for your joints and mine hate all the sitting.

I just was hoping to find some support from people on a similar mission. Not many of my real life friends are in here so I wanted to see if anyone was interested in being virtual workout and food log accountability buddies

-vic

Replies

• laureleafy
    Options
    Hello! I am also in grad school, working full time and a mom so diet and exercise crashed out the window my first year in school. I can totally relate to your situation! It started catching up with me and I had no energy to do anything and I was addicted to energy drinks. At my last check up my glucose was high, so I am motivated now. I have been doing boxing for a few months, but ignored my diet (two giant muffins and a large monster for breakfast as an example). I had tried the paleo/primal way of eating last year and really liked it, but used school as an excuse to be lazy about the extra cooking involved.

Nice to meet you! I'm happy to be an accountability buddy!
  • kelag297
    kelag297 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also in college so I understand your struggle to have a healthy diet while trying to also focus on studying. When I'm in school weight loss always takes a back seat because my mind is preoccupied on studying, school, and work. Since the spring semester hasn't started yet I've been trying to get back to my weight loss while I'm not focusing on school so much and I'm hoping that when the semester starts I can keep it up despite all the stress! None of my real life friends are on here either so I'm always looking for friends on here to help with motivation and I'd love to help support you in your weight loss! Feel free to send me a friend request!!